Whole 30 AAR

InChow

Completed my Whole 30 yesterday. Today is day 31 - 1 day of reintroduction!

So here is my AAR:

I am lactose intolerant and hardly eat sweets - so part of it was easy. I felt hungry during the first 3 days and then saw that I was not eating enough of good fat. Once I changed this - things went great. Then I realised that if I had to much fruit I got a slight stomach pain - so learnt to balance my food. I stayed with 3 meals a day. I learnt that if I did basic planning I could actually have my lunch packed away the night before and there was no danger of eating at work and I could stay complaint.

I live in India and a number of things available easily in the USA (where I have visited for long periods) are not available here. But I learnt to make the most delicious fish curry using coconut milk and raw mangoes! I also made chia pudding with coconut milk and added a bit of date syrup with bananas for breakfast. Yummy!

My family and friends were very supportive. My friend invited me to dinner and made fish and cauliflower rice! My husband had my W30 complaint dinner most nights but he wants to start a proper Whole30 next time I do this. Probably in May when I don't have to travel. 

Today is day 31 and I started with legume reintroduction. I used to love miso soup so I had some for lunch and had a reaction soon after. Had slight diarrhoea. Will have to watch out for soya!

I enjoyed doing Whole30 but I think too many things are claimed for it. My skin is okay - not great. Did not really feel "Tiger Blood" - what's that? I felt energetic but not more than I usually did. W30 made me feel good, but it did not make me sleep better. It made me aware of food labels which was good. Made me reflect not just on food but also on what we consume without thinking of moderation - internet mainly - and how these modes of consumption affect what we eat.

What I did not manage to do was to participate in the Forum or report what I was cooking/shopping/eating. I am not a social media person and find writing up things + shopping + cooking just too much. So I just kept complaint and read the messages that came from W30 every day. I must add that I did not always like the congratulatory videos.

Indira C

Archived