Start date Monday, March 13, 2017

Sherrod

Starting 3/15 as well. I've been reading the book and making my lists. Off to do my shopping today so I can prep this weekend. It is time to take control of my health and get back to living my life!  I'm new to this program and have not participated in an online forum like this before but I hope to find motivation and provide the same for others. 

Hi all! I started for the first time ever today! And I have to say I am pleasantly surprised...it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. A couple of dates during the day did help me ward off the sugar dragon though lol! I feel the same as you all do, tired of feeling dull, and lazy...time to take control of my life and get healthy! And hopefully lose some weight!!!

4 hours ago, Marmalade 15 said:

A couple of dates during the day did help me ward off the sugar dragon though lol!

Welcome to the forum everyone & best of luck for your 30 days - any questions, ask away....

Just a quick tip to help you through: Be wary of feeding your sugar dragon, rather than warding him off - only fat will do that. Fat is your friend ;)

So my last few days have been good food wise.  I havent had much sleep but mostly because my mom has been in and put of the ER this week.  Massachusetts is in the middle of a blizzard and 2 hours ago had to take my mom to the ER.  So this is where I am right now.  I will more than likely be here overnight as I was just informed she is being hospitalized.  So Ill be eating hospital food for now.  

On another note.  Ive been feeling great.  Have had alot of energy.  I went food shopping and someone shared with me a recipe of kale soup.  So I look forward to cooking it.  But food shopping before the storm is like Y2K...end of the world crisis.  Shelves and vegetable stands were wiped out.  On a different note I tried cooking the mac and cheese recipe recommended in this blog.  It was very good.  Even my dad and daughter loved it.  My mom and husband not so much.  I paired it up with fish and asparagus...yummy!  I attached a pic.  I made enough for several days.  

yesterday i had a meeting with my boss.  I told her all about whole 30 and i was raving about how Ive felt.  I did make a comment of checking-in in 6 months to see how Im doing.  I without  thinking just challenged mysel to another 30 day.  Ill take it one month at a time.  I really enjoy the change and love the fact my daughter also eating more fruits and veggies.  I look forward to the next few weeks.  Enjoy your day!

20170311_213608.jpg

Started yesterday and I am also a first timer.   Ready to break this chocolate/sugar addiction.   Yesterday went well but I woke up today with brain fog...of course that could be the dread of going out into the snow during this storm.  I am not much of a cook but my kids were very happy with the chicken and potatoes yesterday.   Day 1 down...day 2 is almost in the books.   

I agree, I started yesterday and everything seemed fine. This morning though I just didn't feel like my chipper self... I felt a little foggy and kinda grumpy! It's crazy how one day can make that big of a difference. I guess I was really addicted to the junk.

I started yesterday, too!  So far my biggest challenge has been watching people at work eat the foods I want to eat.  Of course it looks so good when I can't have it.  I keep telling myself it builds character, right?  That and a healthier lifestyle.  1 day down, 29 to go!

1 hour ago, lcdubbs89 said:

I agree, I started yesterday and everything seemed fine. This morning though I just didn't feel like my chipper self... I felt a little foggy and kinda grumpy! It's crazy how one day can make that big of a difference. I guess I was really addicted to the junk.

16 minutes ago, Roosevelt said:

I started yesterday, too!  So far my biggest challenge has been watching people at work eat the foods I want to eat.  Of course it looks so good when I can't have it.  I keep telling myself it builds character, right?  That and a healthier lifestyle.  1 day down, 29 to go!

You're both following the Whole30 Timeline exactly.

My husband and I started yesterday. Our 30 days will finish up at his 50th birthday. I can't think of a better present! He is all in but I am usually the one who cooks and shops so I will be looking here for lots of support around food choices. When people refer to a "thread" for a start date, is this what they are talking about or is there somewhere else I should look. Our start date is official March 14th. Day 2 here we come!

Hey @Marmalade15 - you sound like you're right on the timeline too. Day Four is known as Kill All The Things Day & lots of people get cranky & headachy as the sugar withdrawal starts to kick in. Hang in there, it gets better! Eat some sweet potatoes. 

Today went well for me. I had a business lunch to negotiate, but I checked the menu & called the restaurant before heading out & ended up with a pretty tasty meal. I also had a ridiculously strong sugar craving on the drive home (like, talking to myself out loud in my truck about why I was NOT going to pull over to buy donuts). But I rode it out & you know what? An hour later, it was gone. I ate the dinner I had planned & kept on my merry way.

For a serious sugar addict (not exaggerating here, I go to Overeaters Anonymous & everything), this was a real NSV. One day at a time. 

19 hours ago, angledge said:

Hey @Marmalade15 - you sound like you're right on the timeline too. Day Four is known as Kill All The Things Day & lots of people get cranky & headachy as the sugar withdrawal starts to kick in. Hang in there, it gets better! Eat some sweet potatoes. 

Today went well for me. I had a business lunch to negotiate, but I checked the menu & called the restaurant before heading out & ended up with a pretty tasty meal. I also had a ridiculously strong sugar craving on the drive home (like, talking to myself out loud in my truck about why I was NOT going to pull over to buy donuts). But I rode it out & you know what? An hour later, it was gone. I ate the dinner I had planned & kept on my merry way.

For a serious sugar addict (not exaggerating here, I go to Overeaters Anonymous & everything), this was a real NSV. One day at a time. 

Good for you! Sometimes you just have to wait it out! One day at a time like you said...I'm actually dreading this first friday night though...my husband and I always order in on friday nights..it's like our tradition since the day we got married hahah. Oh well... I guess I have to stay strong tonight while he chows down on Chinese, or KFC...I'll be staring at my Harvest Grill Chicken Salad hahahah!

Hi Friends,

I'm on Day 6 of my second Whole30.  Last night, my husband and I went out to a beautiful restaurant by the water and they didn't allow substitutions.  Luckily, the waiter made some suggestions and I had a delicious beet salad and salmon, leaving the goat cheese and lentils for my husband to eat.  While he drank two delicious-looking cocktails, i had sparkling water in a wine glass.  I just needed to share that somewhere because I'm really proud of myself. I just had to keep reminding myself that we could come back and enjoy a rare kids-free night with my honey and an amazing view.  It's nice to remember that I can enjoy myself without wine and cheese.

How is everyone feeling? I remember this being a really tough weekend my first time around.

Somehow I made it through Kill All The Things without feeling that way at all.  I am, however, feeling a nap today.  A long one.  For the first week I avoided eggs because I didn't want to get tired of them like many people said they do.  I think I'll prep some egg frittatas for this week, though.  See how I like them.  I know it's only coming to the close of week 1, but I like the changes I've seen so far in my body.  I'm trying to harness this feeling as I get closer to days 10-11.  I will not quit!  

Archived