Anyone else still have trouble with Fridays?

megmac

For all of the things I've learned, all of the habits I've changed, the great way way I feel...

I still have trouble with Fridays. Friday has been "cheat night" in my world for most of my adult life. A little too much wine, a cold beer and a French Dip, Sushi and a tequila margarita, whatever it was. I miss the anticipation.

Don't get me wrong. Saturday morning at the gym is a much better experience. My whole life is a better experience. But old habits die hard, and I used to really look forward to those Friday nights.

For all of the things I've learned, all of the habits I've changed, the great way way I feel...

I still have trouble with Fridays. Friday has been "cheat night" in my world for most of my adult life. A little too much wine, a cold beer and a French Dip, Sushi and a tequila margarita, whatever it was. I miss the anticipation.

Don't get me wrong. Saturday morning at the gym is a much better experience. My whole life is a better experience. But old habits die hard, and I used to really look forward to those Friday nights.

I do know what you mean. I don't know if it's more habit or real cravings. AND the habit of anticipation is the one that kicks in for me. I also know what you mean by Saturday morning is a better experience, but until you get to Saturday, the mourning of the anticipation is there. It lessens in time. I rarely feel it now. To be honest, your post kind of brought it back to me for just a moment, but then I slapped that inner brat and sent her to the corner. :) She's being quiet now.

Day 27. For the first time this Whole30, I am craving a glass of good red wine. I had some broth a little while ago, figuring sitting down and sipping something might be the answer, but I still want wine. If I wasn't too lazy to get dressed again and go to the store, I'd probably have some.

Day 27. For the first time this Whole30, I am craving a glass of good red wine. I had some broth a little while ago, figuring sitting down and sipping something might be the answer, but I still want wine. If I wasn't too lazy to get dressed again and go to the store, I'd probably have some.

Thank goodness for not having temptations in the house. :) Have you tried Kombucha? I'm a little obsessed. It is somewhat of an adult beverage to me. I've only tried GTs Gingerade, but I really like it. Forgot to get it at the store today and like you..not going out again!

No Kombucha! I have a friend that used to grow her own. Cross between a jellyfish and pond scum. Never tasted it. Just looking at it grossed me out.

LOL..I am gearing up to make my own after reading the thread on this site. They rave about the flavor. I have seen the photos. I had to look away. :)

Archived