Dave B - Starting March 16th - Frustrated

Dave B

Greetings!  Dave Boston from Chicago-land, IL.  I am a fairly clean eater.  Do not believe or participate in cheat meals etc.  I have lost 153 pounds so far before starting to focus on whole foods.  Saturday, for whatever reason, I went crazy.  It was a high carb day which was fine, but I got the taste of some borderline carbs and my mind went haywire and I choose to eat stuff that I haven't eaten in over 2 years.

I need the Whole 30.  I started with Saturday dinner and continued Sunday.  I realized this morning that the meals that I prepared for the first 3 days of the week were no Whole30 compliant because I added soy sauce.  I am not throwing the meals away but now my official start date in 3/16.  Having said that, I will stay Whole30 compliant everywhere else including black coffee (bleck...hate it).

Love the forum so far - great resources and heaps of inspiration.  There will be a couple little things that I miss but my eating is pretty simple so its very easy to grab 6-8 ozs of protein, sauté it up with veggies or pair it with a salad etc.  Timing is a challenge on some days but it is all workable.

Dave

Congratulations on your journey so far! 153 lbs lost is amazing! I also hate black coffee, I have been blending coconut milk and adding that (pretty good actually)  and I found compliant unsweetened almond milk, also good. If I am at work and grab a cup I do half coffee half hot water and that seems ok! Good luck with the whole 30 starting Thursday! 

Hey Dave, welcome and well done on the weight loss. 

I'm on Day 22 and started out with coconut milk in my coffee for a few days then dropped that and found that after a couple of days I actually liked black coffee. Now I dropped the coffee altogether and it's not really bothering me at all.

Archived