My reintroduction experiences so far

nutmegananne

I'm about 10 days past the end of my first Whole 30 now. I believe I posted earlier that the first few days of my reintro to dairy were pretty uncomfortable. Basically, I tried adding back some grassfed heavy cream in my coffee, but my intestines pretty much rebelled. :wacko: So I stayed away from dairy for several days. I had some more forays into dairy eating this week...i had some Kerrygold butter in a few dishes, as well as some soup at a restaurant that included some cream. I definitely had some gas and bloating, but nothing like the um, runs (sorry) that the cream in my coffee had given me. Today I was eating at Fogo de Chao (Brazilian steakhouse). I used to love some of the hard cheeses they had at the salad bar. So today I got myself a small piece. I took the tiniest bite and...I was surprised to find that I was not impressed. It wasn't even worth eating the rest. This used to be one of my fave cheeses ever...I suppose it could have been "off" today...but I'm wondering if my tastes have changed!! When I put cheese when making a sandwich for one of my kids, it doesn't even tempt me anymore.

I also tried a tiny taste of dark chocolate recently. Again, it tasted just ok. Weird!! That used to be a favorite treat of mine!!

I'm not re-intro'ing gluten or legumes, so they haven't been an issue. I only drink a glass of wine every once in a great while (a couple times a year, maybe), so I'm not in any hurry to try that. The only other thing that I've added back is being more relaxed about some amounts of honey, etc. in a homemade salad dressing, and occasional nuts with less-than-stellar oil choices. Nuts are still a problem food for me. I was able to use them sparingly in my Whole 30, but I'm currently working with myself to try to do the same outside of a Whole 30 and stringent rules. I lost 9 lbs on my Whole 30, but I've been more or less at a standstill since then (I have a good bit more to lose). I know I need to work on the nut thing in order to get the scale moving again...

Archived