Started Today, March 15th

jscroggins

Hi everybody,

My name is Jason and this is actually my second attempt at Whole 30.  I tried it a few years ago and just couldn't stick with it.  I came up with all sorts of excuses of why it was a bad time to do it but in reality there is no good time other than the present.  I travel quite a bit and I was trying to plan around my trips but that caused me to just keep putting it off.  I did all of the research, have a plan ready and decided last night that I'm not waiting anymore.  So here's to Day!.

Good luck to you.  I too just started today but this is my first attempt.  I don't cook but managed to make chicken bone broth, beef bone broth, egg/spinach/tomato muffin pan thingys and a pork/sweet potato/carrot/pineapple concoction and it isn't totally horrible.

I started on the 15th, too! My first Whole 30. I did a 'practice' earlier this month - 2 weeks - as I knew I was going on a trip where I'd have alcohol and desserts.  So, started on the real thing the day I got back.  So far, I feel great! Good luck to everyone.

What day is this? Day 20! I'm losing track but know D30 is fast approaching. 

I just read an article about fruit in our diets and it made an interesting point about how it's used as energy. It contradicts what we've been told about not eating fruit alone but WITH meals. This could be sabotaging fat loss...

The article points out that fruits are disaccharides. They have both fructose and glucose. If you eat them alone, glucose is immediately used as energy and fructose is used after.  Think "slow burn" for fructose. But if you're eating your fruit with something like granola, the body breaks that down and it is available to use as energy before the fructose of the fruit is processed by the liver. If you're not in need of that much energy, the fructose will be stored as fat :(

So... Unless you're really burning alot of calories, you really need to watch how you're consuming your fruits! 

Thoughts? 

Archived