In a breakfast rut!

JWS13

I have fallen into a horrible rut with breakfast, and one that isn't recommended at all. I've been eating a Lara bar and fruit almost every morning, mostly because I'm being lazy with prep for breakfasts. Trying to break my bad habit and eliminate Lara bars - I love them and I'm convinced they keep my sugar dragon lurking around :(. Any breakfast ideas that are quick and portable would be most helpful!

I like frittata muffins, "breakfast salad" (boiled eggs, bacon or prosciutto, lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber and aioli dressing), or leftovers for breakfast. A few boiled eggs are portable and you can mix and match vegetables and fats with them. 

One of the best threads around for breakfast ideas. 

Make extra for supper and eat your leftovers for breakfast.  It would give you some much needed protein. Google Whole 30 Larabars, you'll find many past posts.

Make those egg frittata muffins and load them to the gills with vege. Cook some compliant bacon the night before, throw both of them in the micro.  Grab-n-go brekkies,  google that, too. 

Click on the blue links below, take you right there. 

Grab-and-go Breakfast - Whole30 Meal Planning - Whole30

forum.whole30.com/topic/15282-grab-and-go-breakfast/

• Moderators

The best way to 'try and break the habit' of larabars and fruit in the morning is to stop buying larabars and fruit.  The decisions you make at the grocery store are the decisions you end up making in your kitchen, so stop them at the time of purchase.  It's much easier to not buy the larabar on grocery shopping day than it is to prevent yourself from eating them when you're hungry in the morning.

Archived