Some ? about foods

RobinMcCann

I'm on day 4 of this Whole 30 journey (because I had to start over......yikes!).  As I was shopping over the weekend I noticed that carrots had some sugar on the ingredients list.  Is this the natural sugars in carrots and are we allowed to have them?  I know artificial sugar is not on this plan but how does carrots have artificial sugar in them?  Just wondering.  Input would be helpful!!!

presumably you mean tinned carrots?  I've never seen ingredients lists on loose carrots before.  yes, if they're tinned, and the ingredients list has 'sugars' then they're definitely out.  you might find that fresh carrots are cheaper (but maybe they're a bit dirtier, and might need washing and peeling and slicing)

• Moderators
Just now, RobinMcCann said:

These are regular carrots in a bag.  They are fresh carrots but in a bag.  It caught me off guard to see sugar listed in the nutrition facts.  

In the nutrition facts, that'll be naturally occurring sugar -- all plant-based foods have some naturally occurring sugar. As long as there's no sugar listed in the ingredients list, it's fine.

Archived