Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Cathy Sultan Ryne

I am 58 years old, obese, have food allergies and on 5 medications to keep me going. My friend recommended I read It Starts With Food and for the first time in many years, I have hope.

I have read the book, printed out Day 0, gone through my cupboards and am ready to start and am so scared and excited! I am filled with the "what ifs". What if I don't stick to this? What if I don't feel energetic? What if I cheat?

I want to live and see any grandchildren my kids have. I want to live a long time healthy, athletic and medicine free.

So - here goes!!! Wish me luck! I am now going to jump off the diving board and get started!

Really pleased you're jumping in and joining us. Take it one day at a time. I take it you've got the Daily emails if you're reading Day 0. I found them really helpful. I'm on Day 47, yes I just kept going, I'm 61 with multiple health issues, so 3 weeks is not going to fix this bod. But I am sooo much better. I had days when i struggled, I think everyone does, but it gets easier as it goes on. Now it's hard to imagine eating any other way. Possibly the biggest change is, i eat my meals and literally never want to eat anything outside that, even when it's offered to me. I used to prowl the house at night looking for 'something to nibble'. Now I never even think about it. So good luck and keep us posted how it's going. Any questions or problems dont be afraid to ask, I've found this forum to be the friendliest and most helpful I've ever been on.

Hi Cathy!

I have 6 kids and currently only 2 grandkids... but there is a wedding approaching and my wonderfull son and his fabulous fiancee are Paleo and fit! I have embarked on this for at least some of the same reasons you list. Welcome and let's buddy!

Archived