Round 3! Let's do this!

Andrea_Milam80

I started round 3 yesterday after taking a month off. Completed my second W30 (45) on Feb 15th. I had great success that round, lost 10 lbs, felt great, sleeping well, skin was clear, etc. I did really well for the first few days, then went on vacation and it's been a slow decline since then and I have slipped back into my old ways a quite a bit.

I'll be doing this round in conjunction with exercise, which I didn't do at all last time. I'm going to start P90x3 on Monday, 3/27 and I just scored a great deal on a used Nordic Track that I can do in the evenings and this week, until I'm ready to start P90x3. I want to focus on nutrition and get past the little bit of carb flu I'll have this week, before I start more intense exercise.

I have a significant amount of fat to lose and realize it won't happen over night. I know W30 isn't a "weight loss diet",  but it is a lovely side effect along with the NSV I usually experience; the strict rules make it easier for me to stick to it and get the weight off. 30 days simply isn't enough time to get my mind to where I can trust myself to off road without crashing and burning.

I ordered Food Freedom Forever yesterday and will read it over the next 30 days. When I get to day 30 I'll decide if I'll continue for another 30+ days or if I can do it on my own. We shall see.

Hello....I started my 3rd round yesterday as well.  Just need the structure and restrictions to get my food back in check after spring break and a few months of eating whatever I want.  I am looking forward to taming the sugar dragon ONCE AGAIN.  I plan on getting back into the gym as well.  I should look for used home gym equipment just as yourself, so I don't have any excuses for exercise. 

Wishing you a GREAT round 3!!

3 hours ago, shenoa423 said:

Hello....I started my 3rd round yesterday as well.  Just need the structure and restrictions to get my food back in check after spring break and a few months of eating whatever I want.  I am looking forward to taming the sugar dragon ONCE AGAIN.  I plan on getting back into the gym as well.  I should look for used home gym equipment just as yourself, so I don't have any excuses for exercise. 

Check out Good Will or a Habitat for Humanity Restore. They get exercise equipment all the time. I got the Nordic Track for $9.00 at GoodWIll today. A steal for sure, new they're between $599-$999.

4 hours ago, shenoa423 said:

For cheap, no equipment and no excuses exercise, just walk. From today's Whole30 email from Melissa:

1. Walk. Here’s a bold statement: walking is the most underrated form of exercise. You don’t have to join a gym, kill yourself at home in front of a DVD, or sign up for an adventure race. Just go for a walk. Regularly, at a brisk pace. Maybe sometimes up a hill. Maybe sometimes with a backpack. Ideally outside in a green space. Hey, bring a friend!

I do supplement this with the pool at the Y--also an unbelievable bargain. 

Archived