March 27 start, Time to SHINE!!

cortadoplease

Hi everyone!

I'm starting the Whole30 on Monday March 27. This will be my second W30. I want to get back to treating my body with love and respect. I remember my first one (August 2015) and I felt so good (once I slayed the Sugar Dragon) :)  And the benefits just kept coming! Every area of my life seemed to be better! I can't remember ever sleeping that well in my life. I looked and felt amazing <3  

Spring is a perfect time for a detox/cleanse/reset. With enough commitment, planning, and focus, we can win!! We all bring strengths to the table, and we all have our own challenges. I want this to be a place to support others and to be supported! And I'd love to have some cool people to share this journey with. Let's have fun along the way! ;) 

Anyone interested in joining? Newbies and returning w30's welcome!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I am inspired to start on Monday.  I did a Whole30 last summer and I remember feeling "free" on my runs.  Now, running is really hard-- asthma, heavy legs, just a dragging feeling.  I hurt my back so I won't be running one of my annual half marathons on Sunday, but I will walk it and have a celebration lunch with my friends.  Then I will do this Whole 30 and see if I can't get my fastest half marathon time for my August race.

Hi karenp and Welcome!

I can't wait to begin! I'm going to start prepping come Friday and then may start conversion on the weekend with the 100% onboard come Monday. I'm so excited.

I'm using this time as a 'Reset' not just physically but emotionally/mentally. I want to start changing the way I think as well as what I'm eating. I'm usually pretty good tbh but I know there are items I'm consuming regularly that aren't the best for me: mostly grains, sugars, gum, and cream in my coffee (this might be the toughest one to crush after sugar, of course! ;) ). It's not too bad but I could be better. I want to be better. And I deserve the best :) We all do!

karenp: that's an AWESOME motivator. I think I need to fine tune my vision for this Whole30. You've inspired me :) Thank you!

Good morning all,

I started my meal planning for the week ahead and have my grocery list together! I didn't enjoy my morning coffee with coconut milk or cream on my first W30 so I've decided to get my caffeine fix with tea going forward. Giving up coffee for this month!  :'( 

I am starting on Monday as well. I finished my first whole30 on February 28th. Even though it has been a short time I miss the feeling of being in control of what I am putting in my body. I have stayed pretty consistent with my eating but I have allowed the weekends to be a free for all and I want to reign that back in... I love the support of these boards so I am excited to get all of this started

I'm doing the whole 30 with the hopes of addressing and eliminating GI distress and general sluggishness and lack if energy. I've never done an elimination, even though I eat pretty well most of the time and avoid soy and dairy already. I'm looking forward to being alcohol free for a month, as I have a feeling my glass of wine or two on the weekend is affecting me more than I'd like to admit. 

Hi there.  I am starting March 27 as well.  This is my first time and to be honest im scared sh#tless!  This is completely the opposite of how i eat now.  I eat out alot and lots of bread and sugar.  I am so excited to get back to fresh food and learn how to enjoy cooking instead of dreading it.  I cant wait to have more energry and feel better about myself.  I am excited to have a much better relationship with food.  I have been planning all week but still feel so overwhelmed and under prepared.  I will totally be counting on this forum for motivation, support and hope to provide to same for others as well.

Excited to be scared!

Hi! I plan on starting for the first time ever on March 27. Spring is starting and I feel like I need a fresh new start. I want my body to bloom and feel as awesome as a flower would on the first day of spring. I figured that this program was the most consistent and welcoming one out there. I'm not going to lie, I feel a bit scared as to how this might turn out for me, but I am hoping that these next couple of weeks helps me balance my life out and make my body feel more complete.

:D Good luck to all of you awesome people out there! Let's get through this so together!!!✊

Hi all,

Welcome to the new people who've joined this thread. I'm super excited to get started and I'm wishing a WIN for all of us here.

I love a lot of the language here from everyone. I feel inspired just reading what everyoneo wants to let go of, and also what they're opening up to and bringing in -- the hopes and aspirations for this W30. Strength in numbers! :)

I decided to do slow start come tomorrow! Just a 'rehearsal' of eating mostly W30 and go full-force on Monday. I put a meal plan together for the week including pre/post workout meals. I did my grocery shopping and made a big batch of carrot/sweet potato soup with coconut milk and south Asian spices. Yum. Soft boiled some eggs, and cut up some veggies. The meal-planning and meal-prepping for the week makes this Whole30 easier for me to do. At least that's the lesson from my first round :) 

I'm also letting go of superfluous activities at least for the first week or two. I want to just focus on treating my body well, exercising, resting, and simply be good to me! ;) I'm really excited and also a little terrified for this month ahead. But one day at a time... :)

I'm happy I decided to start this W30 'rehearsal' before Monday. I tried switching out my coffee for tea this morning and I can't imagine going without the coffee for a month! I substituted compliant coconut milk (Arroy D) for cream on my first Whole30 and I think that's what I'll do for my second round, as well. I'd rather have that than no coffee at all :)  Oh this process is so fun!! 

Well that makes me sort of glad im not a coffee drinker.  One less thing to worry about I guess.

I have my menu planned through Friday and my shopping list made.  I have to basically triple for quadruple everything because we have 4 kids and we need enough leftovers for 2 of us for lunch the next day.  I basically plan to have scrambled eggs and veggies fot breakfast every morning then leftovers from dinner for lunch and then cook a new dinner each night.

I cant wait for day 30 and 40 and 50 already lol

That's awesome NatCanada. Planning and prepping is the formula to success on the W30. At least it has been for me.

I've meal prepped and cooked all meals until the end of April 2 :)  Luckily, I'm single so I only have to cook/prep for 1 person! I'm hoping the coffee is the only snafu for me :)  And it'll be fixed by tomorrow morning. I'm curious how this will affect my yoga practice. Remains to be seen ;) 

Good morning all, so I tried my coffee with the coconut milk + coconut oil + cinnamon. It's actually quite tasty! I normally have my coffee with almond milk and a 0.5 stevia but this one tastes great. I'll see how I feel about it at the end of the W30! ;)

I want to change my breakfast for the upcoming week. Right now, I have leftovers as breakfast. What is everyone have planned for breakfast this coming week?

How's everyone's meal prepping/grocery shopping going?

@Eye of the Tiger I love this! Yes, I'm going to nix the coconut oil and just have it with the full-fat coconut milk and cinnamon. I'm kinda stunned... I didn't miss the sweetner at all! :)  I'm going to try to make this week as easy as possible.

Dang you're at Day 21 @Eye of the Tiger any nuggets of wisdom you'd like to impart to us all? ;)

Hay Marianne and all I'd love to join this thread. Was scoping around the forums and found yours!

Marianne and I have been chatting a bit on another thread. :) I sort of officially started W30 yesterday :P but really like Marianne's approach to easing into it so think I'm going to officially start tomorrow, the 26th as today is Saturday and well it's just smarter to start  after the weekend.

That said, I've been eating W30 for the past few days anyhow.  Just had a healthy lunch of salmon, broccoli, a tiny bit of leftover sausage and easy paleo hollandaise sauce with ghee. Omg, the sauce makes all the dif.

This will be my fifth W30. Did my first back in Jan 2014 and it saved my butt in so many ways. Did two W30s that year. And two in 2015 and all of it put me on a good track each time. I'm not perfect (gasp!) and have been dealing with some old life-long habits (mainly grazing at night and not listening to my body when it says do not eat that donut), but each time I do a W30, I gain insight and more willingness to change something in my life that is no longer working for me. It's taking on momentum. In January, 2015 I went through something huge and it threw me for a while. But when I got back on track, I was able to pick up where I left off without doing the full W30 elimination.  

I've been doing a lot more yoga and looking at my tendencies without shame or judgment and now, once again realize that a W30 will really help me keep it simple and healthy. I'm also giving up coffee for the most part - still allowing on weekends. Except today - I didn't feel like coffee!!!!!!! I wanted my jasmine green tea more than my espresso! What am I turning into aaahhhh! No, am glad. Listening to body and can hear what it says. So welcome newcomers, keep on, let go of outcomes. It gets better each time. 

@mariannne I'm reading the books. And The Whole 30 book has a section telling you how a lot of people feel during each phase.  I have had very similar feelings during those days.  Just be strong! Days 10 and 11 are usually the toughest, and the days when most who don't make it quit. Don't quit! It gets much much better after that! For me right after those days my energy started really picking up, food started tasting delicious! And in 21 days my resting HR has decreased by 9 BPM! I have only worked out 5 times in the 21 days, so it's pretty much just due to eating healthy!

Archived