March 27 start, Time to SHINE!!

cortadoplease

Good  morning all!

Happy day 31.

I lost 12 lbs. I am a little sad about that. But there are so many other non scale victories. No cravings!!! That's the best one. 

I am nervous about the reintroduction as well. I want to finish reading it starts with food before jumping in. I will be kinda just jumping in on the weekend since it's my boyfriends birthday and I'm throwing him a surprise party and making his favourite, Tiramisu. But I am going to go for the 80/20 method if I can. I know grains and sugar are not my friend, so I will limit those as much as possible.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all! So I lost 12.5 lbs!!  I stepped on one of those body composition machines and it looks like it was almost entirely fat mass that I lost.  My fat percentage is still high but my my BMI is down by 2 points to 25.5. So just on the hair's edge of being overweight. So I still have a few pounds to lose. I haven't had my measurements taken but I'd be curious to know..... @sooladybug -  congrats on your weight loss - I think losing your inches was pretty impressive!  Crazy about your arms - they're summer tank top ready :) I bet you're right - with your workouts you put on muscle. 

So since it hasn't been done yet - I'm going to make a March 27th re-intro group over in the post-whole 30 forum. I'll post the link as soon I get it created. That way we can talk about our reintro trials and tribulations. Like @sooladybug I'm also nervous about re-intros!

On 25/04/2017 at 3:17 AM, harpchick said:

@Mevans - have fun at stagecoach!! I've actually attended as a musician! We were spoiled rotten. It was 10 years ago but I still remember the amazing catering. 

@Nana Valente i know my pms felt pretty bad until I put a few more carbs in my meals. Have you tried that? I hope you feel better soon! 

What is this Stagecoach you talk of? It sounds crazy fun!

Thanks for the tip, @harpchick. I haven't actually cut much on the carbs during my month, I ate cassava (Brazil is big on cassava, so I take advantage of this fact) and sweet potatoesevery other day.  I learned I tend to do better with anxiety and depression on a varied intake of carbs, depending on how I feel on the particular day.

So I dropped about 8 pounds. I wish it was more but I'm feeling a lot less bloated since my period came yesterday (sorry for the TMI) and since I'll be doing a slow reintro, I guess I'll keep healthy and hopefully shedding more unnecessary fat longer.

I should mention I barely exercised during my Whole30 because I have been fairly sedentary for the past year and didn't want to stress my body too much. I feel so much more energy now that I'll probably resume walking everyday and stuff.

Now on to the reintro thread!

• 4 weeks later...

Helloooo Everyone ! Dunno if you're still on this thread but I wanted to leave one last message here and say this wonderful forum really helped set me up for a awesometime in Europe! I'm back and ready to start another W30 on June 1. I'll either start a new thread about that or join one if someone else has already started a  June 1 thread. 

Europe was a blast and this time around, I probably gained some weight (no weighing though - just can tell) and came home with some plantar fasciitis issue after so much walking around. But I feel so much better in general - even with the weight gain. I just feel ok about it. Just get back on track and know that I'm not really far off from what I envision. I'm ready to be consistent with my practice, both nutritionally and in work outs. I do feel a bit stronger in the legs for sure and see more definition in my calves from so much walking around - but didn't do half as much yoga as I wanted. And after the plantar fascitis kicked in, I had to watch it with the walking the last week of trip. I've got the foot issue under care now and will be back to normal in no time. It's nice to have the time to take it easy, do laundry, cuddle with kitty and a good book, etc. Feeling very grateful. :)

I'll let you know where I'm going to be, if anyone wants to join. OR if you've joined a starting June 1 thread, let me know! Hope you're all doing well and really good to hear about all the positive results from this W30! xoxob

• Moderators
3 hours ago, bronnyd said:

Helloooo Everyone ! Dunno if you're still on this thread but I wanted to leave one last message here and say this wonderful forum really helped set me up for a awesometime in Europe! I'm back and ready to start another W30 on June 1. I'll either start a new thread about that or join one if someone else has already started a  June 1 thread. 

Europe was a blast and this time around, I probably gained some weight (no weighing though - just can tell) and came home with some plantar fasciitis issue after so much walking around. But I feel so much better in general - even with the weight gain. I just feel ok about it. Just get back on track and know that I'm not really far off from what I envision. I'm ready to be consistent with my practice, both nutritionally and in work outs. I do feel a bit stronger in the legs for sure and see more definition in my calves from so much walking around - but didn't do half as much yoga as I wanted. And after the plantar fascitis kicked in, I had to watch it with the walking the last week of trip. I've got the foot issue under care now and will be back to normal in no time. It's nice to have the time to take it easy, do laundry, cuddle with kitty and a good book, etc. Feeling very grateful. :)

I'll let you know where I'm going to be, if anyone wants to join. OR if you've joined a starting June 1 thread, let me know! Hope you're all doing well and really good to hear about all the positive results from this W30! xoxob

There's one called Whole30 - continuing on' or something similar that woud be a good fit for you :)  All people who are extending their W30's or have already completed one... Congrats on your successful trip to Europe and I"m glad the forum and program were able to help you!

Archived