Taco beef

Johnny M

tumblr_m3xnc241f41qzwka3o1_500.png

This is not a fancy recipe but I make it all the time because it's easy to make amazing meals with it. Sometimes you just need to get a little creative with a few basics. I like mine with a poached egg and some guac and salsa.

Taco Beef:

• 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper

I make like 3 or 4 times this recipe and store it in a glass jar. Just add a tablespoon or two to a pound of cooked ground beef and get creative.

• 1 month later...

I tried this the other day and I really liked it. Not sure how much I added to the meat, used about 1/3 of package of hamburg and sprinkled into the meat so it was coated & added that to a salad. NOT bad! Even thou all I was eating was some lettuce greens and the meat.

I was wondering do you add it to water to make it mix with the meat better?

thanks for the recipe!

Penny

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I've been making this, plus an egg for binding, into a taco meatloaf. Makes it easier to take for lunch, just zap the slices and top with some salsa. Yum!

Lol..Maryann, you must be wandering the recipe section tonight. :) I want this every morning exactly how Johnny has it in the photo. :0)

This looks great. I'll have to try it with the lettuce taco wraps I've had success with lately - my husband and 3.5 year-old twins love it, too. We use seasoned ground beef, spaghetti squash seasoned with cumin, chunks of avocado, cherry tomato pieces and Boston lettuce leaves. Mmmm.

• 4 years later...

Archived