I'm on day 4 of whole30 vegetarian.  I'm wondering if anyone on here is Jewish and what you are doing about Passover seder?   I am bringing a carrot / cauliflower / fennel recipe I found on the site.  I was wondering if anyone had any good sweet potato recipes that I could bring as a second dish. 

Also, any ideas on matzah?  Have you found any that work?

thanks!

I have food allergies so when we've had Seders at other people's houses in the past I just pick and choose what I can eat.  I'll probably sub water for wine, I don't drink anyway.  Haven't figured out the matzah yet, but God/religion trumps whole30 so it's okay to have a little matzah as part of a religious ceremony.

I don't know if regular charoset is compliant because I'm allergic to apples so I always make Sephardic Charoset anyway- this recipe would be compliant if you left out the wine and use the date syrup instead of honey.  We are not supposed to recreate 'treats' as part of the whole 30 but in my opinion 1) this isn't a recreation since it's part of the Sephardic traditions and 2) it's part of a religious ceremony.  Matzo ball soup on the other hand, you probably have to skip (even though Manischewitz makes a gluten free version)

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/sephardic-charoset-234300

Guten Pesach!

Georgina2 - thank you so much!  i'll ask my MIL about making the Sephardic charoset.  it might work well because we have a couple of people who are recovering, so this would be good for them too!