I am not quite ready for another Whole 30.

befabdaily

...apparently.

Since I just ate 11 dark chocolate sea salt almonds.

I did a full one May 25-June 25, and another from about July 17-Aug. 17, and then, after a short break, about 20 more days. Since then, my diet has stayed paleo at home, and I've been seriously off-track only when traveling.

I started another Whole22 knowing full well that I have some travels coming up again in Nov., but I haven't been able to keep it perfect. I have been tempted by chocolate twice this week.

The thing is, I know that a bit of chocolate here and there is not what makes me feel crappy. Grains and dairy make me feel crappy. My body's not going to bloat up from this chocolate, my digestive system isn't going to go all to heck as long as I keep eating balanced paleo meals along with it, my sinuses aren't going to glue themselves shut. KNOWING what my issues are actually makes it a little harder to resist something that I know isn't going to cause any harm in small quantities.

I am going to keep logging though, and flag anything off-plan, to keep my eye on how much I'm transgressing.

The thing is, I know that a bit of chocolate here and there is not what makes me feel crappy. Grains and dairy make me feel crappy. My body's not going to bloat up from this chocolate, my digestive system isn't going to go all to heck as long as I keep eating balanced paleo meals along with it, my sinuses aren't going to glue themselves shut. KNOWING what my issues are actually makes it a little harder to resist something that I know isn't going to cause any harm in small quantities.

OMG I could have written this. Only I honestly don't feel crappy after eating grains, dairy or sugar. Seriously. I feel fine after a few glasses of wine too. I really wish I had intestinal discomfort from some of these things, because it does make it a huge challenge to stay on plan when faced with a chance to off-road. I just have to convince myself to eat right because it is the right thing to do. Sometimes it is easy, sometimes not. I feel great during a Whole30, but I still feel pretty good when I offroad. Guess I shouldn't complain.

Hang in there. You have done so well and I am glad you will continue to post. I stopped posting my meals for a few weeks this month, and I know I ate worse because of it...

Archived