Going to Applebee's

AndyLeeD

My parents are coming to visit my husband and I in a couple of weeks. I start my Whole30 on April 1st. My mom, as much as I love her, INSISTS we go out to eat. I even offered to cook for them (whole30 compliant) and she didn't sound to keen on it. So I have been researching all day because our only options in our area is Buffalo Wild Wings and Applebee's. Buffalo Wild WIngs seems pretty impossible. Applebee's, has options but I am not 100% sure. It is looking like the Ribeye and NY Strip are compliant. Okay expensive. I was wondering about the Grilled Chicken Breast? I wasn't sure if they grill it in something bad or not. I looked on the website and couldn't find information on it. I am really determined to do this right and not have any slip ups but I am panicking about Applebee's lol. Any suggestions?

I would recommend calling to ask questions at a time when they won't be too busy (so don't call during lunch rush or dinner rush). Then you can ask what oils they use to cook/grill, whether or not the chicken has any marinades, etc. Recipes and suppliers can vary regionally and change over time, so unfortunately if you can't find information on the website, to be certain you'll need to speak to someone at the location you plan on going to.

You could likely have a salad with no cheese, no croutons, and then bring your own dressing. You could also ask for a plain baked potato and add your own dressing/mayo if you don't want it plain for sides. 

Archived