Coconut Manna substitute for coconut oil?

Sssheri1980

It is often recommended to eat 1-3 tblsp of coconut oil daily. Will Nutiva's Coconut Manna (or other brand's call it butter) provide the same benefits as the oil? It looks like the Manna is 60% oil, + fiber from the coconut meat. The only ingredients are coconut.

One of my main goals for W30 is weight loss, so I do not want to be adding the extra calories without the health benefits.

But seriously, if you are going to eat 1-3 tbsp of coconut oil by itself then I would certainly recommend coconut manna/butter instead. It would definitely be more palatable. Not sure if you can cook with it? I just eat that stuff right out of the jar.

Personally, I get plenty of coconut oil daily from cooking nearly everything in it. Even when I steam veggies, I add a few tbsp to the pot to ensure the BF and I are getting enough fats.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to pop in to say that neither coconut oil or coconut butter (the manna that you guys are talking about) should really be considered "supplements." They both are REAL FOOD. Use either or both in your normal cooking repertoire. keep this stuff within the meal templating of 1-2 thumbs/meal and you're good to go.

It's not "free" calories if you're using it as a supplement...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can make it if you have a powerful blender - just take organic coconut flakes or chips and blend the heck out of them until they turn to "butter". It takes about 10 minutes to blend it to butter in my one-time experience. I have a TBS or two when I haven't had enough oil. It is delicious if you haven't had anything sweet in a while and like coconut. I won't let myself have more than one or two thumbs a day.

• 2 months later...

Archived