Petrified of Food Freedom

Hello, I am needing some real, true advice!!! I started the W30 journey thinking I would never make it, lol, but I did and did it well actually!! I have always had stomach pains and wanted to source the cause, but now that my 30 days is up, I feel amazing and energetic with no foods giving me that instant ache! I truly don't want to transition as I'm afraid and now it has been 37 days and I am afraid to reintroduce any off plan foods as I don't want to be sick, bloat, feel like garbage, etc. I know it's advised to bring back these foods, but I'm just so mentally afraid. What can I do to get over this hump!!? And what is now becoming another concern is that even though I'm "off" or passed the w30, I find I am overeating at night on healthy "on plan" foods. Like Lara bars nuts coconut shreds and dates. Tons of dates. I know I cant be trusted it seems, but I don't know If I'm internally saying it's okay because i still feel good and amazing the next day!? Plus it's better than the alternatives of dark chocolate and other snacks items.  I know I'm battling a few different issues, but what  can I do as I feel I'm loosing control on what is and was such a good program for me?? Totally lost and afraid now! Thanks for all the advice!

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:23 PM, Kellj4949 said:

Hello, I am needing some real, true advice!!! I started the W30 journey thinking I would never make it, lol, but I did and did it well actually!! I have always had stomach pains and wanted to source the cause, but now that my 30 days is up, I feel amazing and energetic with no foods giving me that instant ache! I truly don't want to transition as I'm afraid and now it has been 37 days and I am afraid to reintroduce any off plan foods as I don't want to be sick, bloat, feel like garbage, etc. I know it's advised to bring back these foods, but I'm just so mentally afraid. What can I do to get over this hump!!? And what is now becoming another concern is that even though I'm "off" or passed the w30, I find I am overeating at night on healthy "on plan" foods. Like Lara bars nuts coconut shreds and dates. Tons of dates. I know I cant be trusted it seems, but I don't know If I'm internally saying it's okay because i still feel good and amazing the next day!? Plus it's better than the alternatives of dark chocolate and other snacks items.  I know I'm battling a few different issues, but what  can I do as I feel I'm loosing control on what is and was such a good program for me?? Totally lost and afraid now! Thanks for all the advice!

I know it's not as easy as saying "just do it!" but really, that's all you have to do. If you know there are certain things you'll want to keep out forever then you don't have to re-intro them necessarily, though I still think it would be really important to!

Remember that you can always go back to the w30 guidelines any time you want! If you start feeling worse after your re-intro, you will know what foods make you feel less than healthy and the next time around you can leave them out completely! You'll likely be experimenting like this forever, that's the whole idea of food freedom! Things will change, certain situations will come up and you'll have to decide whether or not a certain food is worth it. If you never find out, you'll be saying no to everything forever, and that's not really food freedom!! I definitely recommend reading Food Freedom Forever, it addresses all of your fears! And remember that while the w30 will change your life, you still have to do a lot of work and it's not going to take JUST 30 days. Hang in there, you're doing a really great thing for yourself!!!

Archived