Just because I reintroduce doesn't mean...

NewStart2014

HI all,

I'm due to reintroduce in 3 days time.

Reintroduction is something I've been a bit concerned about for nearly 2 weeks. Mainly because I don't want to go back to my old and unhealthy way of eating.

I am thinking about continuing on with my Whole to make it a 45 or a 60 (or more).

But just because I reintroduce on Day 1 (dairy) doesn't mean that I can't return to the Whole the next day does it?

How many of you have done this???? Did you find that it worked out well for you or that you really suffered but had a hard time saying no?

Thanks.

Actually, the way you described it is exactly what I am doing.

I finished my whole30 a week ago, and waited 4 more days then introduced some cheese. It left me bloated.

I then went right back to the whole30 protocol, but no longer am stating that I am doing the whole30. Technically, I would be on day 3 of a new whole30. However, for me, I think this is just going to be my life. I will eat whole30 compliant, have something less healthy, then come right back.

I hope I answered your question? Instead of it being whole30, you will just be eating your new healthy lifestyle with more healthy foods making up the majority of your diet.

I'm similar to kb except that since Whole30 wasn't my first elimination diet, I didn't need to do any testing to know that dairy, soy and gluten grains aren't good for me. Here's my reintroduction plan:

1. continue eating the Whole30 way, while not technically being on a Whole30--this is just how I eat.

2. do not schedule any reintroductions

3. when presented with a situation where it seems "worth it" to eat something off plan (like a tiny almond macaroon with mascarpone filling purchased just for me, or a taste of champagne for a toast, or the gluten-free but dairy and sugar filled--EEK!--cake my mom made just for me, etc.) Then I "test" it. I have a small portion, I watch my eating and my feelings for the next 24 hours or so and make a note. Whatever the reaction is, it goes into my math of whether it is "worth it" the next time.

I do EXACTLY what Missmary does. After my second Whole 30 which ended on Sept 30th, I did take a day to introduce dairy just for kicks and to confirm what I thought was true. I didn't bother with beans or gluten grains because I don't really want/desire either of them. I do eat white rice with sushi, but that's about the only grain I eat occasionally. Off roading to me has to be very worth it as opposed to "yahoo..I'm done with W30 so off I go". I also off road very mindfully and pay attention to the negative affects if there are any.

Archived