Starting tomorrow! March 27th

whollymoly

Hi everyone!

My name is Michele and I am starting the program tomorrow so today has been full of planning and prepping. I am excited to hear from other more expereienced members for any favorite recipes, motivation and overall tips for how to make it through, any of the above would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting the program in order to hopefully reset my relationship with food (I'm in college and stress eating before exams has become a bad habit :( ) and to learn more about healthy cooking and healthy living overall. I do workout, mostly cardio at the gym, however I plan on not working out for the first week in order to adjust to the new diet. I'm really pumped to start this new journey with you all!

Hi Michele -

I started on Monday too...  how's the 1st couple days been for you? My highlights thus far:

• Larabars will save the day when you don't pack enough for lunch
  • LaCroix Sparkling water (lemon flavor) is pretty delicious
  • Damn I'm sleepy...
  • Loving the daily emails!

I am not usually a big fan of online forums but wanted to see if I could find a buddy for my Whole30.  Hope to hear from you!

Best - 

Micah

6 hours ago, micahm21 said:

Hi Michele -

I started on Monday too...  how's the 1st couple days been for you? My highlights thus far:

• Larabars will save the day when you don't pack enough for lunch
  • LaCroix Sparkling water (lemon flavor) is pretty delicious
  • Damn I'm sleepy...
  • Loving the daily emails!

I am not usually a big fan of online forums but wanted to see if I could find a buddy for my Whole30.  Hope to hear from you!

Best - 

Micah

Hey Micah!

Two days down! It would definitely be great to have a buddy who started on the same day, I have a friend who is doing it also but she hasn't started yet. My highlights:

Yes! Love the larabars! Definitely a lifesaver for yesterday.

Got a mad headache yesterday afternoon, I think it's because I hadn't had any sugar at all? Thoughts? 

I did not have a headache today!

Butternut squash sausage hash for breakfast is really gross.. But cauliflower chicken fried rice is awesome!

I am feeling more drained earlier in the day, but I do find that eating protein and veggies instead of carbs during meals keeps me fuller longer.

Also, have you discovered any good recipes yet?

Michele

Hi Michele - 

And day 3 begins - I'm feeling sleepy still and have a bit of a headache but totally manageable and for a very good reason - detox!  Headaches and general bad feelings are fairly common at this stage due to the detoxification and that your body is learning to rely on fat and not sugar for energy.  Good times! 

Noted - I will not try the butternut squash sausage hash.  Thank you for the warning.  I made the Braised Brisket yesterday in the crock pot - it was a total breeze and pretty good but definitely trim the meat as i didn't and it was pretty fatty. 

I really liked the cauliflower rice with yellow chicken curry - total comfort food.  I am finding myself a little too reliant on white potatoes thus far so need to mix it up some.  

http://pinchofyum.com/thai-yellow-chicken-curry-with-potatoes - the homemade curry paste she refers to is not compliant due to the ingredients in the lemongrass paste but there are a number of compliant curry paste recipes out there if you can't find one in the store! Next time i will sub out the potatoes, even though they are so delish. 

Have a great day and we'll chat later!

Archived