Day 6-Feel horrible! Need Support

So I went from a 100% sugar/crap based diet to a whole 30, and have been feeling horrible since day 1. I have a foggy brain (I'm getting honked at on the road because decisions like left turns seems to be a huge task right now), am very irritable, but the most annoying thing is I am hideously bloated and have some diarrhea.

I know this is probably just part of the process, but looking like I'm 6 months pregnant after being sugar free for almost a week is extremely  frustrating.

Is this normal? And if so, when can I expect the symptoms to subside? Really needing encouragement today.

Ok, in looking at all the topics in this section and seeing how everyone is feeling miserable, that is not making this any easier. I am sooooo tempted to eat a little bit of sugar like dark chocolate or something and give me some relief. This sucks! I don't want to feel this way :(

Hey @LindsayO & welcome to Whole30!

It's kind of expected to feel a little miserable in the first few days as your body withdraws from sugar/processed foods & detoxes... That said by day 6 things should have started to even out and so how you are eating can play a role in how well (or not!) you feel... Can you give us a run down of what you have eaten over the past 3-4 days, giving specifics on portion sizes, liquid intake, activity levels etc? That way we'll be better equipped to help you troubleshoot...

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, LindsayO said:

Ok, in looking at all the topics in this section and seeing how everyone is feeling miserable, that is not making this any easier. I am sooooo tempted to eat a little bit of sugar like dark chocolate or something and give me some relief. This sucks! I don't want to feel this way :(

Also, don't eat the sugar.  It won't help like you think it will help... trust me.

This is my first time doing Whole30 (today is day 1 for me), but I have tried other things in the past and can feel your pain.  This may sound silly, but I once had a nutritionist tell me to channel those feelings into focusing on what you ate before that you might be "withdrawing" from.  It can be shocking how used to crappy food our bodies can get.  I once made a list of all the crappy foods I ate and then ripped it to little pieces just to feel better.  Hang in there.  When these symptoms pass you will feel amazing and it will be so worth it.  

Archived