How much of each reintroduction food should you consume in a day?

Hi everyone,

So Day 30 is on Thursday for me and I'm starting to think about how I want to approach reintroduction.  Aside from a social gathering on the 39th day I don't have any real events coming up that should tempt me to abandon it until the 45th day.  I'm out of town on vacation for the weekend on the 45th and that's going to be when I most likely "let loose" and have some pizza and drink beer, etc.

I have a few questions now.

How much of each food reintroduction food should you eat to really see if it has an effect?

1 serving, 2 servings, 3 servings?

Is there a recommended amount for it to "register" with your body?

For example if I really wanted to load up on Legumes I could have  peanut butter on fruit around breakfast time, Hummus with celery at lunch, and black beans with dinner.  Does that make sense?

I'm also more interested to see what is recommended for serving ammount from the stand point of it effecting you if it's a food your sensitive to.  I know for certain that I am Lactose Intolerant to Milk (all but guaranteed to cause diarehea if I drink it), but I have not had any similar or easy to isolate ill effects from yogurt, cheese, or ice cream.  I DO however want to try and issolate them on reintroduction.  

So if I break these down by each individual type, should I for example have a cup of Greek Yogurt with Breakfast and one more later in the day?  

And on my "cheese day" have sliced cheese as a snack and cook with a larger portion of cheese later in the day?  

And I'm not going to sit down and eat a ton of ice cream of course, but at least a 2 scoop cone perhaps?

I would of course do all 3 seperately under the day on, 2 day off reintroduction plan.  And of course, if any of these have me running for the bathroom 30 min. later I'm not going to have multiple servings that day.

1 hour ago, Contradiction said:

For example if I really wanted to load up on Legumes I could have  peanut butter on fruit around breakfast time, Hummus with celery at lunch, and black beans with dinner.  Does that make sense?

Yep, you've got the right idea. A serving of beans is approximately fist sized. Hummus would be more like the equivalent of an open handful, and I'd say a couple of table spoons of peanut butter.

Hummus & beans are pretty carby so you can deduct those from your veggie servings in each meal, and the nut butter will still count as a fat.

If you're breaking down dairy into separate groups you'll still need a serving at each meal as dairy in particular is often about load - it has a kind of creeping effect which you may not notice immediately.

Yoghurt/Ice cream I'd say the equivalent of x2 heaped tablespoons should be sufficient a serving.

Hope this helps.

Archived