Help Deciding Order of Reintro

granolamoon

I will start reintro next week for the whole family.  My dilemma is that on exactly day 10 we go to a camp for a family reunion and then on to a hotel for a couple more days.  I will not have very much control over the food and cannot prep my own meals.  We will have some healthier options but no control over how meat is cooked, etc.  I'm thinking about reintroducing gluten and dairy early so we're not facing potential symptoms on days 11+ while we're traveling.  I suspect these will have the most impact on me and my husband.  Has anyone moved the schedule around or had a similar experience.  Any advice would help here.  TIA!

• Moderators

Sorry no one responded before now.

You can definitely move the order of reintroductions around, the important part is to do one at a time, and allow at least two days between them. So you can definitely do gluten grains and dairy as your first two reintroductions, and that way you'll know for sure if they affect you so negatively you need to avoid them completely during your trip, and you'll be over any symptoms from them as well by the time you leave.

If you're driving, it might be worth packing a cooler of extra vegetables and maybe even things like tuna or compliant jerky, so if they serve something you know you'll react negatively to, you have some kind of options with you. If carrying some stuff with you is an option, you might find some of the tips in this download helpful.  

You can do reintros in any order you like, so I'd probably focus on the food groups you're struggle to avoid - namely gluten, dairy & soy (which will encompass legumes), which also happen to be the most likely to cause a reaction.

At camp I'm assuming most meals will still be cooked from scratch so I'd assume things like sulphites, msg & carrageenan will not be a problem, and at the Hotel you can still ask all the questions. Non gluten grains are fairly obvious when they're on your plate, and alcohol you have complete control over.

Archived