April 1st Start Date - Support Group

LB345

Hi all!

I am starting the Whole30 April 1st and I am looking for some support buddies to help me through the process.... especially skipping my nightly glass of wine! Oh wine... I will miss you... and chocolate....sweet chocolate....and cheese, my dear friend cheese! ;)

I have complete the Whole30 before and felt AMAZING. But it all went wrong afterwards. Let's just say I went straight passed the re-introduction phase to the eat all the pies phase and have been going downhill at an astounding rate! Definitely need a re-set! 

Would love to have some people to touch base with on a regular basis, so we can encourage each other and share tips and advice. 

Who's with me? 

LB345 :)

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI LB345!  

I am starting April 1st, too!  :rolleyes: This is my first Whole 30. I spent today cleaning out the refrigerator and pantry - it is looking pretty sparse! I live with a husband who does not intend to do Whole 30, but he said he would be supportive.  So here goes! 

Saying goodbye to wine, chocolate and cheese, ~sniff~ will not be easy, But as I read, This. Is. Not. Hard.  And I figure I can do anything for 30 days. Heck, Lent is not even that long! I am willing to keep in touch and share encouragement. As you have done this before, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Diane

Hi Diane!

Thanks for your reply! :) I am in the same boat. My husband will not be doing it, but he is very supportive. 

It really isn't that hard, once you get into the swing of it. I mean at the end of the day you are eating real food... and there is nothing wrong with having a juicy steak for dinner and bacon and eggs for breakfast ;) Really planning is key and having some emergency foods just in case. I tried to take food I usually ate and adapt it. I also enjoyed making new recipes though. Like on a Saturday night trying something brand new felt like a real treat! 

Definitely happy to keep in touch and offer support! :D

LB

Hey guys I am leaping into the While 30 program April 1 as well! I am very nervous and excited. I think the nervousness comes from thinking I am going to fail. For as long as I can remember I have had this unhealthy relationship with food and I am ready to change that. I am excited to be healthier and lead a better lifestyle so that I can be a good role model to my 16 month old as she grows up. Any encouragement is welcome an I am definitely there to do the same. 

Best wishes everyone. And yes we will succeed!!

You got this Kaylakat! Nothing to be nervous about. You are going to feel amazing! I personally cannot wait for that "I did it" feeling at the end! And I know weight loss is not the overall objective for the program, but I'll be honest, fitting back into my skinny jeans would feel good too! :) 

I will be starting April fools day! I hope this a good thing. I've heard that God uses fools to confound the wise.

This is my 1st time doing the whole 30. I'm hoping for a lot of support. I will be starting on my own. My dear wife does not think I should be doing this. She is thinking this is just another "fad diet". There is no reasoning with her. It doesn't matter that it was recommended by my psychiatrist and endorsed by my PCP. Her mind is made up. 

I will do all the planning, grocery shopping and cooking. I plan on making enough for two, so when she finds out how great the meals are, she will want some. If not, l will have a great lunch the next day.

Hope to hear some encouragement the whole 30!

The best to all, Mike T

I'm starting April 1 too!

I don't have any whole 30 buddies at home either, but something in my diet makes me physically ill and I've got to figure out what it is! It's worth doing it on my own to get that taken care of and never having digestive pain again.

I'm a little too sad about giving up my post-work glass of wine ...

My fridge is stocked and ready to go! I'm working on easing into a compliant diet rather than starting cold on Saturday.

Glad there's a mini-community starting on this forum

Hello! I'm also starting April 1st!

I'm really glad I found this forum, this is my first time doing the Whole30 too!! I'm nervous and excited.

In the past I very much lacked self control so this is going to be quite the test. I have never joined anything online and chose to because I am also flying solo on this adventure, Hubby isn't ready yet :). While he will be supportive, I knew if I wanted to really succeed I would need to find people who know what I'm going thru everyday. And here you are...PHEW!

I LOVE my sweets, pastas and breads...I will miss them dearly. (for now, hopefully) I've been prepping myself and the fridge but now that it's almost "GO" time I'm freaking out a little bit.

So glad to have found some other "first-ers".... Here's to a healthy April and beyond!

Hello, friends! I'm actually starting April 2, but I would love to have some buddies too. I have a lot in common with the OP. I've done it successfully before but skipped introduction in favor of binging. I'm going to try to stay on the straight and narrow this time!

I've also done it unsuccessfully a couple of times. I seem to get REALLY sick right after I start, and I just couldn't keep up with cooking. I just got over being REALLY sick, so I hope I have a grace period now. And I'm trying to stop sodas ahead of time so that the first week isn't so bad.

I just got The Whole30 book and look forward to trying a lot of their delicious recipes. I've got my bone broth simmering now and a list of freezer meals to make today and tomorrow!

14 hours ago, Chinookmt said:

I will be starting April fools day! I hope this a good thing. I've heard that God uses fools to confound the wise.

This is my 1st time doing the whole 30. I'm hoping for a lot of support. I will be starting on my own. My dear wife does not think I should be doing this. She is thinking this is just another "fad diet". There is no reasoning with her. It doesn't matter that it was recommended by my psychiatrist and endorsed by my PCP. Her mind is made up. 

I will do all the planning, grocery shopping and cooking. I plan on making enough for two, so when she finds out how great the meals are, she will want some. If not, l will have a great lunch the next day.

The best to all, Mike T

Hi Mike! 

Welcome to the group! :) This is in no way a fad diet. It is a 30 day re-set. And you are going to feel so good afterwards! You will be able to say 'I told you so'! :P 

You got this!!!
Lisa 

11 hours ago, JHiggs said:

Hello! I'm also starting April 1st!

I'm really glad I found this forum, this is my first time doing the Whole30 too!! I'm nervous and excited.

In the past I very much lacked self control so this is going to be quite the test. I have never joined anything online and chose to because I am also flying solo on this adventure, Hubby isn't ready yet :). While he will be supportive, I knew if I wanted to really succeed I would need to find people who know what I'm going thru everyday. And here you are...PHEW!

I LOVE my sweets, pastas and breads...I will miss them dearly. (for now, hopefully) I've been prepping myself and the fridge but now that it's almost "GO" time I'm freaking out a little bit.

So glad to have found some other "first-ers".... Here's to a healthy April and beyond!

Welcome to the team!!! :) I like to see the Whole30 as a personal challenge to get through the 30 days! I am very competitive so I feel that helps!  ;) 

We can do this together!

LB

I am with all of you on this journey towards improved health and well being.   My BFF has been doing Whole30 for a couple of months and she has never felt better.  She doesn't know what to do with all of her energy.  I, on the other hand, have zero energy and am suffering from Lyme Disease which is exasperated by inflammation.  I am starting this journey on April 1st along with all of you and look forward to knowing that we are all in this together.   My starting point sees me with terrible joint pain, brain fog, neck aches and absolutely no energy.  Let's see what gifts we will all reap in the next 30 days!!!

17 hours ago, Chinookmt said:

The best to all, Mike T

HI Mike,

You may want to tell your wife that this is not a diet. It is learning how food affects you and then making the adjustment based on your needs. If she is still "anti Whole 30", accept that, but ask her not to sabotage you. And make sure you do not judge her in return. You are doing this for YOU! 

I am trying to do some meal planning, so I can grocery shop tomorrow and make some meals on Saturday for the freezer. I think if I have something I can grab out of the freezer to take to work for lunch and have for a quick dinner, it will be helpful. Breakfasts will be my challenge.

You are not alone. We are here to support each other!

Diane

1 hour ago, ChangeIsComing said:

I am with all of you on this journey towards improved health and well being.   My BFF has been doing Whole30 for a couple of months and she has never felt better.  She doesn't know what to do with all of her energy.  I, on the other hand, have zero energy and am suffering from Lyme Disease which is exasperated by inflammation.  I am starting this journey on April 1st along with all of you and look forward to knowing that we are all in this together.   My starting point sees me with terrible joint pain, brain fog, neck aches and absolutely no energy.  Let's see what gifts we will all reap in the next 30 days!!!

I LOVE your name, ChangeIsComing! Yes, you are about to embark on a journey of change along with the rest of us. I decided to take the "Non-scale Victories" list and check those things that are affecting me now, Then compare it to how I feel at the end of the 30 days.

You can do this!

Diane

14 minutes ago, Anna I. said:

I just started March 26th and I am flying solo, also. I'm trying to convince hubby to join in, but he likes his sweets too much. I'm with all of you cheese lovers.  I totally miss having cheese.

Anna,

Welcome to the group! Let us know how things are "in the future"! I just read the section of what to expect as the days progress. I shared this with my husband, so he has been warned! 

Diane

(deep breath)

I am going to do my first run starting April 1.  I honestly don't know if I will be able to do it, as I love my food, especially rice and bread and even junk.  I thought maybe if I got involved here with others going through it, then maybe I will be able to make it through.  (gulp)

Stacie

Welcome everyone! This is going to be fun! Let's take the time to check in with each other throughout the process.... reach out for support when we are feeling weak (but i reeeeeally want a glass of wine...:P) and congratulate each other for doing so well! :) 

I feel much more confident now! I downloaded much needed grocery lists etc. on the site. Tonight is the night to purge my kitchen.... not sure how I feel about that but I do know that my coworkers will enjoy my goodies:rolleyes: 

Is anyone else ridding their fridges of non whole 30 foods?

Hello everyone! Joining for the April 1 start. I want to do a Whole60 this time, so will be going till June.  I am a 38 y.o. woman living in the Northwest.

I did a Whole30 with friends last year, in August, and felt great, lost weight (about 13 lbs), gained energy, etc. However the results didn't end up sticking long term for a number a reasons. Making a Whole60 commitment this time as I read that it takes 8 weeks to change habits, so want to give myself a chance to have those sync in. :) My friends are not doing it with me this time, and that's a shame because I found community support to be a big success factor last year. Hope to find (and provide!) similar support here!

I experimented with paleo challenges and lifestyle even before discovering Whole30, and know for fact and not from some book that  it's the best for me, the trick is to actually stick with it. So... basically using these 2 months as a way to jumpstart a long term lifestyle change, which will involve 80/20 paleo and regular workouts.

Will make sure to make it to Trader Joe's around Friday and get salads, cauliflower rice, sweet potato pasta, etc. :)  Excited to start!

Archived