April 1st Start Date - Support Group

LB345

Cran, you CAN do this!! Don't think about what you can't have. Think of what you can have. I was in the same boat but then I started looking up recipes on Pinterest and was so shocked that what I already eat just needs to be modified. You will do great!

Kayla

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I'm in! I'm also doing my second Whole30 from tomorrow 1st of April, and I'm nervous and excited. My husband will not be doing it because he likes his sweets and dairy too much, but he is very supportive and will be eating the same dinner and supper as me. The first (and only) time I did a Whole30 was last February as my pre-wedding reset and plans of losing weight before the wedding. I lost about 15 lbs and felt really great afterwards. I've kept eating quite healthy and losing weight until now, but lately I'm craving more sugar and I feel I need another round. Cheers, everyone! We can do it ;) 

Hello!  Starting my first Whole30 tomorrow, too. I am the only one in my house doing it, though my husband and preschoolers are supportive (yes, even the kids).  Having a general fear of failure mixed with the hope of success. Main goal-- break the chains of overeating and become industrious!

Hi everyone! 

I am also staring the April 2017! It is going to be hard to not give into those bread and chocolate cravings but I know it will be worth it. I did the Whole30 a few months ago - and stuck to it on a vacation cruise! I lost a few pounds and felt so so much better (I have PCOS so loosing even a few pounds is rough). I am hoping to loose about 5 pounds, but my main goal is to get rid of that stupid emotional eating and night time binging. 

So happy to have a community to get through this together! 

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, IndustriousJoy said:

Boiling eggs, prepping produce, and organizing snacks (I will need them the first week--first timer!). Kids are snacking on tomatoes and canteloupe. What are you doing tonight?  Try not to binge!  Planning to mix in some grains but eat healthy-ish. 

Grains now? Or grains during the Whole30??

Hello to all in the April 1, 2017 group!   I'm a Whole 30 newbie.

It's great to know that we are doing this together. I look forward to reading about your journeys, and sharing mine with all of you as well.

I live in Maisaka, Japan, the land of no Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, or even a salad bar. But we do have an abundance of fresh local produce, fish, and some types of meat. While I may improvise on parts of my menus due to the challenge of having access to different foods, the Whole 30 rules can and will be followed. The hardest parts may be in eliminating soy products (miso, shoyu, tofu), and not eating sugar -- Japanese sweets are next-level yum!   However, I'm undaunted, and really excited about this re-set in my life.

Until next time, think positive thoughts, and be well!

2 hours ago, IndustriousJoy said:

Grains just for for tonight!  Trying to avoid a full on binge the night before but don't want to be too strict until the morning.  Hoping it will keep some of the withdrawal symptoms down if I get them. It's a little weird knowing what to do, but not gonna stress too much. 

I am going for my 4th attempt at this whole 30. I always mess up with the reintroductions. Plus my arthritis is worse. I had my last glass of wine and last priece of bread and will prep tomorrow. This looks like a big group and I found out with the last attempt that this is really important for me to succeed. So here's to an awesome April !!

I'm starting again on April 1 too.  I just did a w30 in February and had amazing results.  Then life happened and I totally messed up my reintroduction and went way off the rails.  Last night I hit rock bottom with Taco Bell that I paid for all day today.  By the end of my w30, my IBS, tendonitis, acne, fibromyalgia, back pain, and a bunch of other health issues were gone or much improved.  Now 3-4 weeks later my back and shoulder hurt, my IBS is raging and I feel terrible.  I really don't want to keep going down that road.  I need to reset and I need the rules to get me there, then I want to do a proper reintroduction.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, IndustriousJoy said:

Grains just for for tonight!  Trying to avoid a full on binge the night before but don't want to be too strict until the morning.  Hoping it will keep some of the withdrawal symptoms down if I get them. It's a little weird knowing what to do, but not gonna stress too much. 

Ahh... got it! Glad to hear it!!

I am in!! I have attempted two rounds of whole thirty with no success. That tenth day seems to be the hardest for me, but with the knowledge I have acquired  with the first two tries and the support of this group I am very confident that the third times a charm. Whole 30 here I come ;)

10 hours ago, Georgina2 said:

I'm starting again on April 1 too.  I just did a w30 in February and had amazing results.  Then life happened and I totally messed up my reintroduction and went way off the rails.  Last night I hit rock bottom with Taco Bell that I paid for all day today.  By the end of my w30, my IBS, tendonitis, acne, fibromyalgia, back pain, and a bunch of other health issues were gone or much improved.  Now 3-4 weeks later my back and shoulder hurt, my IBS is raging and I feel terrible.  I really don't want to keep going down that road.  I need to reset and I need the rules to get me there, then I want to do a proper reintroduction.

I have a lot of arthritis issues and I believe a leaky gut. So this is my motivation. Good luck with day 1. 

Good morning! It is the morning of day 1 and it is time for breakfast. Which brings me to my first small worry...I don't like eggs but loooove breakfast foods. Oatmeal, bagels, donuts...ahh ok! I got this. I'm going to try an egg casserole and hope I like it since it is full of things other than eggs! Other than that, this is my first Whole30 and I want to use it to jump start healthy eating before summer, get rid of my sugar dragon, and possibly lose a few pounds. I've done a gluten free diet for a year as well as vegetarian awhile back but nothing has stuck or made any impactful changes. I'm so nervous but excited to start this journey! 

Hi everyone! I am also an April 1st starter.. here we go! I was so excited to see there was a forum for us that are starting today! I first heard about Whole 30 last September, when I was talking to a friend about feeling bloated and very tired all the time. She had done the Whole 30, for a few rounds, and couldn't speak highly enough about the results she faced and how good she felt after doing 30 days! I've looked into it.. and decided, April 1 is my start date!

It was hard saying goodbye to cheese, rice, beans, tortilla chips... these are my normal foods! But 30 days.. it's just 30 days, right? We can do this! Looking forward to this journey with you all!

I too am starting today. Am not yet confident I will be able to resist my sugar comfort foods when I am tired but know intellectually how much better longer term I will feel if I can slay the sugar dragon with whole 30. Grateful to know others are out there as I am flying solo!

23 minutes ago, Zenmadre said:

I too am starting today. Am not yet confident I will be able to resist my sugar comfort foods when I am tired but know intellectually how much better longer term I will feel if I can slay the sugar dragon with whole 30. Grateful to know others are out there as I am flying solo!

I know how you feel--doing it alone and feeling less than confident. Just take it a day or even a meal at a time. I've only had one meal so far and feel good about it!

Archived