April 1st Start Date - Support Group

LB345

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 15 here too. I feel great and am not craving sweets or carbs. I feel energized and have been walking more than usual. I am not a big meat eater but that is changing. I actually am enjoying chops and steaks along with yummy Alaska fish:)

I feel like the hard part is over and I actually really like my food choices. I do not feel that I am missing anything...especially dairy. I think the clarified butter is delicious and loving the sweet potatoes. Am not liking the grocery store shopping...only time I get cravings! 

AM doing a two week road trip into the interior of Alaska and will be fun to plan camping meals! Anyway, hope everyone is feeling good and enjoying life without the added sugar and processed foods.

If you haven't been to Alaska before, you'll be blown away. Everything is so incrediblyBIG. Some years ago I drove about 3/4 of the paved roads in Alaska and it was the most incredible experience of my life. Have a wonderful time, keep a journal and take lots of pictures. Oh yeah, plan ahead for what you will eat on your trip :)

Also, you might check your local  health food store to see if they have a homeopathic blend for the local allergens. For years living in Las Vegas I took "Las Vegas Mix" which I got at Whole Foods. It had tiny amounts of the 6 most prevalent allergens in the valley. I would take it during the few weeks when my allergies were really bad. Worked great for me.

14 hours ago, MaineMom said:

I had to make an emergency trip on Day 11 until today and I was determined to stay on the Whole 30 plan. I booked a hotel with a fridge and microwave that included breakfast, and found a grocery store as soon as I could. There were always eggs at breakfast and I noshed on veggies right afterwards in my room. I spent a lot of time at a hospital but my hotel was close enough that I could run back for lunch (and take a little break). There was a lot of unpleasant and dirty work involved dealing with my mother's home and car and I REALLY wanted to go out for a nice (Whole30 compliant) meal, but I was so exhausted I doubted my ability to withstand the temptations, so back to my room I went! I doubt that all of my meals precisely followed the template as far as portions, but I did my best and feel so good about managing myself! No longer feeling bloated and having more energy is a huge incentive to stick with it. Can't wait to get home later today! 

I hope everything will be ok with your mom. Great job at not letting stress sabotage your Whole30!

3 hours ago, ctodd1011 said:

Day 15 here too. I feel great and am not craving sweets or carbs. I feel energized and have been walking more than usual. I am not a big meat eater but that is changing. I actually am enjoying chops and steaks along with yummy Alaska fish:)

I feel like the hard part is over and I actually really like my food choices. I do not feel that I am missing anything...especially dairy. I think the clarified butter is delicious and loving the sweet potatoes. Am not liking the grocery store shopping...only time I get cravings! 

AM doing a two week road trip into the interior of Alaska and will be fun to plan camping meals! Anyway, hope everyone is feeling good and enjoying life without the added sugar and processed foods.

I so know what you mean about going to the store. Easter time is especially hard. I love chocolate of any kind. I almost caved tonight but I was so proud of myself and did not. I have a 17 month old so her Easter basket does not have candy in it. I also told my family absolutely no sugar! They are not the most supportive so I am making my own dinner for my husband and I. We will have our family visit before dinner. Happy Easter everyone!! 

We went food shopping last night and I saw the cupcakes in the bakery. I was thinking they would be too sweet.

I saw the recipe for the chicken, apple, walnut hash. My husband and I got up early and I am going to finish food shopping at the second store. I am looking forward to the chicken hash for breakfast. :)

Happy Ressurection Sunday!!!!

Glad to hear Tiger Blood is starting to appear for some!  Went shopping yesterday and didn't get any raw nuts--going to rock the next two weeks nut free. There was a little temptation to eat some of my girls' Easter candy, but I didn't do it. The next two weeks will be about learning new recipes. My husband is a CPA and after tax season ends we tend to party. I'm more concerned about falling off the wagon then. Having decent recipes that he might like will get me through I hope. Happy Easter!

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, IndustriousJoy said:

Side question:  Got back to coffee post Lent and also took up drinking La Croix. Now I have some bloating issues. I know sparkling water does it, but can coffee?

Yep, it sure can!

'

Hello!

I'm 15 days behind you all (started on April 15) but didn't see a group on here for that. One qq - currently Day 3 and just feeling a little dizzy. Nothing crazy, not fall down dizzy, just a mild dizziness. Anyone else have this? Is this normal?

Thanks!

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, ldavin said:

Hello!

I'm 15 days behind you all (started on April 15) but didn't see a group on here for that. One qq - currently Day 3 and just feeling a little dizzy. Nothing crazy, not fall down dizzy, just a mild dizziness. Anyone else have this? Is this normal?

Thanks!

No, dizziness is not really normal.  Are you salting your food?  Eating 3 meals a day to match the template? Including fat?

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, ldavin said:

Hello!

Thanks!

Dizzy is not normal.

Be sure you're eating enough -- make sure you're eating three meals each day based on the meal template, plus pre- and post-workout meals on days you work out, and if you're hungry, it's okay to have more than that, just try to have a mini meal of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. Don't skimp on the fat -- a lot of people are used to thinking of fat as bad, but you need it in every meal, and it's best to add at least one portion of fat in addition to what you cook in, because often what you cook in stays in the pan, and if you're making multiple servings at once, it gets divided up. 

Also be sure you're salting your food, and that you're drinking plenty of water (aim for 1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120-lb person needs at least 60 oz of water). 

If you want feedback on if your meals are looking right, start a new discussion over in the Troubleshooting part of the forum, and list a day or two of typical meals, including approximate portion sizes based on the meal template, and specific vegetables.

Note:  I am very tempted to weigh myself tomorrow to see if what I think is 'depuffing' is all in my head.

Tomorrow is the best day of the year--tax day!  I get my husband back!  After taking up coffee again in the middle of all this (and feeling really crappy-bloated, irritable, wited-not worth it sadly) I think I am really going to have to do a Whole45. My husband is looking to slim down but not going to do a Whole30. Just a little nervous about the transition. 

I encourage you to resist the temptation. Just think how exciting it will be to weigh in on day 30 instead and see the results all at once! I'm pretty sure I'm going to do a second 30 just because so far I haven't really missed anything all that much and I think I need more than 30 days after more than 30 years of junk eating.

Today was strange. After wrangling 31 fourth graders at school and staying after for a meeting, I felt like going home and working out!!! Finally! My energy is coming back and I am feeling motivated. Industrious Joy, I also feel like weighing myself but I'm holding back. I've been spending too much time in front of my mirror because my clothing is fitting looser and I'm feeling thinner! I also am considering a Whole45 to solidify my new habits. Let me know if anyone else is thinking about doing the same!

Day 16! Feeling great. My stomach problems are gone and I want to work out. It's amazing. I did want something sweet after my dinner tonight but didn't give in. I was leaning on fruit the first two weeks and am trying not to do that after meals now. It's tough but necessary. 

Also, last night my husband ordered BBQ takeaway and he said it was okay for me to eat so I didn't check ask my usual questions about sugar, dairy, etc until I was 3 bites in and was like, wait a minute. I didn't add any sauce just ate the meat, which had traces of sugar in the rub. I'm frustrated but I'm not going to restart. Maybe I should, I don't know. It is making me really renergize my focus for the next 15 days. No more takeout.

Side note: this really hard to do this when your spouse isn't. He's supportive and made me a compliant dinner tonight, but he doesn't really get it. I have to take responsibility, though. This is really making me stand up for myself. This program is teaching me a lot i wasn't expecting.  

3 hours ago, Scolvin2303 said:

Today was strange. After wrangling 31 fourth graders at school and staying after for a meeting, I felt like going home and working out!!! Finally! My energy is coming back and I am feeling motivated. Industrious Joy, I also feel like weighing myself but I'm holding back. I've been spending too much time in front of my mirror because my clothing is fitting looser and I'm feeling thinner! I also am considering a Whole45 to solidify my new habits. Let me know if anyone else is thinking about doing the same!

I'm doing 45! I'm also not starting over for a few flubs here & there. I'm not dwelling on them, I'm moving forward. If I need to do Whole60, I will, but I'm not starting over! March on!

3 hours ago, Scolvin2303 said:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do another 30. After 30 plus years of alternately binging and dieting and generally eating not so healthy food, I think my body needs the extra time.

1 hour ago, Melsanie said:

Day 16! Feeling great. My stomach problems are gone and I want to work out. It's amazing. I did want something sweet after my dinner tonight but didn't give in. I was leaning on fruit the first two weeks and am trying not to do that after meals now. It's tough but necessary. 

Also, last night my husband ordered BBQ takeaway and he said it was okay for me to eat so I didn't check ask my usual questions about sugar, dairy, etc until I was 3 bites in and was like, wait a minute. I didn't add any sauce just ate the meat, which had traces of sugar in the rub. I'm frustrated but I'm not going to restart. Maybe I should, I don't know. It is making me really renergize my focus for the next 15 days. No more takeout.

Side note: this really hard to do this when your spouse isn't. He's supportive and made me a compliant dinner tonight, but he doesn't really get it. I have to take responsibility, though. This is really making me stand up for myself. This program is teaching me a lot i wasn't expecting.  

I had one or two small missteps in the first week and didn't start over, but I am planning to extend the 30 days anyway. In  your case, I'd say go with what feels right for you.

Archived