Fiances Birthday This Weekend - EEK!


Sct0006

Recommended Posts

So I'm on day 7 and have been doing really well. This weekend we are celebrating my fiance's 30th birthday so it will be filled with cake, beer, and lots of great food - pretty much all of my favorite things! Can anyone please give me some advice on how to handle this? I'm still going to go out with our friends to the bars and not drink - but anything to make this more comfortable - any tips at all?

Bad sugar cravings today - got cupcakes on the brain!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sct0006 said:

So I'm on day 7 and have been doing really well. This weekend we are celebrating my fiance's 30th birthday so it will be filled with cake, beer, and lots of great food - pretty much all of my favorite things! Can anyone please give me some advice on how to handle this? I'm still going to go out with our friends to the bars and not drink - but anything to make this more comfortable - any tips at all?

Bad sugar cravings today - got cupcakes on the brain!

You knew this was coming when you started! So, what did you tell yourself Day 1 when you thought about this predicament en route? Try and channel whatever that was. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

You knew this was coming when you started! So, what did you tell yourself Day 1 when you thought about this predicament en route? Try and channel whatever that was. 

I did know about it! I thought - "I can do that, no big deal." And I know that I can.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sct0006 said:

I did know about it! I thought - "I can do that, no big deal." And I know that I can.

Our wedding is on May 13- and my goal is set on feeling wonderful mentally and physically on that day. I was just wondering what others do to make themselves feel better in situations like this. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

Eat before you go anywhere (a good satiating meal filled with veggies, protein and fat).  Order a club soda with a wedge of lime and act normal! The celebration is of the birthday person, not the consumption of cake and beer... :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Eat before you go anywhere (a good satiating meal filled with veggies, protein and fat).  Order a club soda with a wedge of lime and act normal! The celebration is of the birthday person, not the consumption of cake and beer... :)

Thanks for the response! Yesterday was a rough day for me. I was feeling weak and low motivated. I will definitely do that when we go out. And you are so right! The celebration isn't about food or drinks - it's about him. It's sad that I have become so acquainted to that being the case. My friend had the great idea of me bringing my larabar to the party to eat it while they are eating cake! :)
 

Again, thanks so much for responding!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

Maybe bring the larabar but actually assess whether or not you need to eat it... if you're going to fall face first into the cake, then eat it... if you're just going to eat it because you think you need to be chewing while they're chewing, re-assess and see if you can get by without it... :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you permit me to weigh in on this subject.

Don't bring the larabar. Don't bring a SWIPE'O (SWYPO) version of the cake. It's a substitute that will not satisfy. 

Go Cold Turkey.

You have to starve the Sugar Dragon. Trying to pacify that sneaky snake with a larabar won't fix it. 

All baked goods are made with only 3 ingredients. Sugar, flour and a fat. It doesn't matter what the formation, tiny or large, flat like a pancake. It's all the same material slapped together into different formations. They don't amount to a hill of beans with all is said and done.

When it's done, you'll wish you didn't. Stand strong. Walk tall. This is not difficult. Remember the most quoted line in ISWF.

 “It is not hard. Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Quitting heroin is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. You won’t get any coddling, and you won’t get any sympathy for your 'struggles.'"

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MeadowLily said:

Would you permit me to weigh in on this subject.

Don't bring the larabar. Don't bring a SWIPE'O (SWYPO) version of the cake. It's a substitute that will not satisfy. 

Go Cold Turkey.

You have to starve the Sugar Dragon. Trying to pacify that sneaky snake with a larabar won't fix it. 

All baked goods are made with only 3 ingredients. Sugar, flour and a fat. It doesn't matter what the formation, tiny or large, flat like a pancake. It's all the same material slapped together into different formations. They don't amount to a hill of beans with all is said and done.

When it's done, you'll wish you didn't. Stand strong. Walk tall. This is not difficult. Remember the most quoted line in ISWF.

 “It is not hard. Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Quitting heroin is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. You won’t get any coddling, and you won’t get any sympathy for your 'struggles.'"

You know what? I really needed that. Tough love is exactly what I need right now - because you're right! THIS is not hard.

Thank you so much!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.