Complete Newbie - Starting April 3rd

Fitzy500

Hi there,

Whole 30 first timer here :) I'm starting on April 3rd and I am super excited! I have read the book, done some hanging around the forum and pinned a ton of recipes! 

I'm 35 years old and have been carrying an extra 40 pounds around for the past 10 years. I talk about making changes, I read about making changes but I never actually get around to making the changes! I heard about the Whole 30 and what appeals to me most about it is the elimination factor. I constantly feel full and bloated (not that it stops me from eating) and there are some days when my stomach makes the weirdest noises! I'm hoping that I can find the cause of the discomfort. 

Anyway, I am so eager to get going and would love to hear from others that are starting around the same time. I'm hoping to check back in here often during the 30 days.

Happy Friday!

I'm another Whole30 first-timer starting on Monday as well! Like you-I'm intrigued by the elimination factor. My digestion is super irregular and I am constantly exhausted-I'm excited to see if I can figure out and start to manage the things that make me feel that way! This will definitely be challenging for me because I've never followed such a restrictive program, so I'll probably be checking in here a lot too! 

Hello to both of you!

I hope you have a great first day! You can do it.

Like you, Fitzy500, I was hoping the Whole30 would help me feel less bloated and uncomfortable all the time. I'm on day 11 now and ALL of those gassy, rumbly feelings are gone. It's wonderful. I hope you have quick results like I did.

Have a great Whole30!
Emily

Hi Ladies,

So far so good for day 1 for me too. We'll see how long it lasts :) 

Emily, that's awesome that your stomach discomfort went away so quickly. I hope I have the same results. 

I was nervous about drinking my coffee black today. I usually have it with a little milk but I actually quite liked it. 

Only 29 days to go, lol. 

I'm glad you all had good first days! Now for the lethargic, cranky first week...

@YvonneKimbrel my favorite recipe so far was the potato taco on page 56 of the w30 cookbook. I was in the mood for Mexican and it was absolutely delicious! If you don't have the cookbook, look on google for a Mexican spice blend. Mix it with some ground beef and use a baked, halved, hollowed potato for a taco shell (the book's recipe has a lot more to it than that, but that's the gist of the taco). I topped mine with avocado and tomato :)

Also, I don't know if any of you have tried homemade plantain chips before, but they are SO GOOD. I tried them for the first time yesterday and now I definitely understand why Headmistress Melissa made store bought plantain chips off limits.

I look forward to hearing how you're all doing in the next few days!!
Emily

Mmmm, @MissEmilyRae that sounds really good!

I tried cauliflower rice for the first time and really liked it! I fried it in olive oil with some chopped up asparagus and onions and added a teaspoon of curry powder. It was so good, next time I will add chicken and pineapple and make a meal of it!

Day 4 is in the bag now, I didn't sleep very well last night but otherwise feeling good. 

How are you guys doing??

I started with you ladies too! How are things going? I prepped a lot  last weekend and last night was the first night I was slow to put dinner together. It was so nice to have easy options on hand. Prepping may be my favorite part so far - most definitely a NSV over my disorganization ;)

Having coffee with vanilla bean ghee right now - it's good!

I started a day after you, and for one of the same reasons, I keep saying I'm going to make a change, and don't. I'm almost through day 4, not going to lie I almost died from misery the first three days, but I made it WAhooooo :-) 

How did the weekend go for everyone? There were definitely a few points where I struggled. I really wanted a glass of wine on Saturday evening but I got over it after a while. A high point was the breakfast hash I made with chopped up potatoes, asparagus, onions and mushrooms topped with runny fried eggs! 

I'm ready for week two! 

I also started on the 3rd! This past weekend was a little tough for me, because my usual routine is cooking Sunday - Thursday, and then going out for food/drinks on Friday & Saturday. It was weird staying in and making extra meals to get me through the weekend. And especially weird not having a glass of wine! But I managed....even brought my lunch with me to my friend's house to eat after we got back from shopping. Usually would've just gone out to eat somewhere while we're out. It's definitely an adjustment, but I'm feeling good so it's worth it so far?

Archived