Farmers markets, food prep and delicious fritatta

Susie Que

My husband and I have got into the habit of going to the farmers markets every Sunday morning. Our local one has amazing organic produce, bacon free of nitrates sugar etc, beautiful Hungarian sausage, free range eggs, fish, spices and herbs - almost everything we need. Then we often spend a couple of hours in the afternoon making things for the week ahead - salads, boiled eggs, roast chicken, stock, salsa, pesto etc. It makes it so much easier to eat well

This weekend I made a big fritatta that was so delicious I ate it for breakfast lunch and dinner pretty much, until it was gone!

I used a whole large bundle of chopped spinach, a large baked sweet potato cut into cubes, half a cup of pitted black olives, 1 large red capsicum, 1 sliced up spicy Hungarian sausage. Layered it all in a large baking dish then poured over 10 eggs beaten with herbs, sea salt, cracked pepper, cayenne and some coconut milk. I had it in a hot oven for only a few minutes and had to go out unexpectedly so I turned the oven off and left it in there - and when I came back a couple of hours later it was perfectly cooked!

I love cooking. Finding new dishes that are both healthy and taste incredible is like Christmas

Archived