April 3rd start date...new to whole30!

40by41

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting on Monday as well, and I'm a first time Whole30-er! I'm excited but nervous because I've never followed such a restrictive program, but I really want to see what's causing my constant exhaustion and irregular digestion. I'll be checking in here a lot because this is going to be tough for me! 

Hi everyone,

I am starting tomorrow as well! I have been reading and considering this for a few months and now is the time!

I already eat pretty well, but need to shake up my diet a bit and get back to exercising more regularly, too.

Kate

My wife and I are starting on Monday as well. We live in Italy, so it's going to be incredibly difficult.  The food is typically fresher here with fewer ingredients, but a lot of stuff from the recipes isn't available or isn't remotely affordable. We are looking forward to the challenge of our 2nd round together!

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Kylecedwards said:

My wife and I are starting on Monday as well. We live in Italy, so it's going to be incredibly difficult.  The food is typically fresher here with fewer ingredients, but a lot of stuff from the recipes isn't available or isn't remotely affordable. We are looking forward to the challenge of our 2nd round together!

You don't need to make recipes... any combination of protein, veggies and fats will do... You can take a look at www.meljoulwan.com and see how she does her hot plate dinners and replicate that... it might be easier and extremely delicious with what you can find where you live.

Hi everyone. I am starting tomorrow as well. My husband will not be joining me so there are foods in the home that are not compliant. My issue is that I have been eating a lot of fast food for lunches. I will be prepping my veggies and cooking some turkey cutlets for lunches this week. Had to buy a vegetable peeler today...did not realize that I didn't have one. What does that say about veggies in my home?!! I look forward to talking with you this month.

Good morning. New to whole30. R1D1...I have read the hard cover of "the whole30"  and bought the the 2nd book which are recipes. Excited and ready for the challenge.  Feeling overwhelmed trying to maneuver through this site and hoping I am not missing anything.  Any tips and support is welcomed. 

Good morning! Here's to a good first day for us all :)

My first day isn't starting out so great. I was up studying and only slept 3 hours, so my planned breakfast of hard boiled eggs sounds pretty gross right now. Fingers crossed it gets better.

Good morning all,

MGCRNA, I hope the test (?) you were studying for goes well!  I am with you, just plain hardboiled eggs need to have some fruit/veggies with them!  Love that we can eat fruit!

Tina, you sound prepared! Share some good recipes with us!  I have a great one that uses macadamia nuts to make a great cheese-like  dip for veggies.  Will try to post in the next few days. 

Sunne and others, you are brave doing this while having others in your house not being on Whole 30! Be strong!

Sun is shining in Richmond, VA and spring is here! Back to work for me.

Day 1! 

Kate

Round 2, Day 1 for me!

This forum was helpful to me on my first round in Jan-Feb, so I'm back for more. I learned that my bad habits are VERY ingrained, so I want to stay on it longer than 30 days this time to help me cement the better habits more strongly. After I did the re-introduction carefully (learned dairy and legumes can be problematic for me, but nothing totally terrible), I had to travel for work and ended up "eating all the things". Then it was hard to stop again. So getting back on the wagon! I loved how great I felt in my first round, so I'm hoping to capture that feeling again.

This is hard, but totally doable. We got this!

I'm starting today -- did my first round in 2015 and it was amazing. I'm usually very active but injured myself in Dec. and now I can't fit into a lot of my clothes! Plus i know I will feel so much better, so here I am for Day 1 again. My hubby eats whatever, so I'm the only one in my house doing it too. So I need support!!

Happy Day 1 everyone... This is my 2nd round of Whole30. I completed my first at the end of February.  I found out that I may have a gluten intolerance.  I decided to have my doctor run some normal blood tests as well as adding in the celiac test. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong because I was still so tired during and after the whole 30. One of my blood tests came back showing that I have hypothyroidism which was causing the exhaustion. So I am now on medication and I am hoping with this round I will find my "tiger blood".  I am the only one in my house doing this so I definitely need the online support.

I started today as well!  

So far so good through lunch but I have a package of snow peas to distract me if I get the munchies this afternoon.  Dinner is already chopped so prep should be as easy as pouring ingredients into the wok.  

@MGCRNA I had a hard boiled egg for breakfast with a sprinkle of sea salt, a tiny handful of berries & a delicious mug of black yrgacheffe coffee.  I too had a rough sleeping night because dogs but amazingly that breakfast held me through the morning. 

I've done Whole30 successfully once before but not for gosh maybe 4 years now?  I was eating mostly clean after going through it way back when but have been increasingly traveling for work so convenience foods have crept back into my diet.  I needed a hard reset.  This month I don't have to travel so I can really immerse myself back into the love of cooking.  It always seems like it's such a chore when it's one more thing on a long list of to-dos but I really do enjoy it when I give myself the time.    Dinner tonight is going to be a shrimp & veggie thai curry & I'm also going to prep some lemon turkey meatballs for snacks for the rest of the week.  

Good luck everyone!

7 hours ago, MGCRNA said:

Good morning! Here's to a good first day for us all :)

My first day isn't starting out so great. I was up studying and only slept 3 hours, so my planned breakfast of hard boiled eggs sounds pretty gross right now. Fingers crossed it gets better.

I hope the studying pays off! My breakfast this morning was an egg bake that I prepared yesterday - So yummy and filling and (in my opinion) a little easier to stomach first thing in the morning! I had a hard boiled egg as soon as I woke up as my pre-workout, and it was not the most appetizing thing ever haha. We've got this! 

Recipe: 

12 eggs

1 lb ground turkey

3 green bell peppers diced

1 package mushrooms chopped

1 yellow onion chopped

Your choice of spices (I used cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prepare a 9x13 pan with Olive Oil (or other Whole30 compliant cooking spray).

Add pepers, onion, and mushrooms to a bowl and mix. Brown the turkey then transfer to the bowl with vegetable mix. In a separate bowl, whisk 12 eggs together. Add spices to the egg mixture. Put veggie mix in pan and pour eggs on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through. (Wiggle the pan-if the egg bake moves in the center it needs more time). If still runny, continue to cook in 10 minute increments. Makes 6 large servings (or 8 smaller).

2017-04-02_17-54-35_597.jpeg

Archived