My April 2017 Whole 30!

AlainaNYC

I am so excited to start my Whole30!

I know it is going to be rough, but optimism and motivation is definitely the key. 

Meal plan for April 1 - Day 1: 

B - Cantaloup, Celery sticks, Hard boiled egg

L - Spinach salad with chicken, avocado and carrots and an apple 

D - Spinach salad with chicken, avocado and carrots and a small sweet potato 

• Moderators

Hi, Alaina, welcome to Whole30. Just a note about your meals, you probably want more than one hard boiled egg at breakfast, and don't forget to add some fat. In general, if eggs are your only protein, have as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, so probably more like 3-4 (or if you don't want that many eggs, combine them with some other protein). For fat, since you're already having avocado the rest of the day, you could have olives, or mayo, or one of the sauces mentioned here, or some almond butter. Check out the meal template for how much to have. 

Hello I am starting My 2 round today.  My January round went well.  I am going to be using my fitness pal to log my food and exercise.  Can anyone share what I should set my nutrition settings at? Thank in advance Deb in California

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, deb_dog said:

Hello I am starting My 2 round today.  My January round went well.  I am going to be using my fitness pal to log my food and exercise.  Can anyone share what I should set my nutrition settings at? Thank in advance Deb in California

You're not going to find that information here, as we encourage you not to track calories and macronutrients. Here's more about that: http://whole30.com/2016/01/tracking/ 

http://whole30.com/2013/02/you-count-more-than-your-calories-do/

Re-cap April 1 - Day 1:

B - Cantaloup, Celery sticks, Hard boiled egg (Breakfast was good and I was fine not having stevia in my coffee)

L - Spinach salad with chicken, avocado and carrots and an apple (I was pretty hungry today, so I had my lunch a bit earlier than normal) 

D - Spinach salad with chicken, avocado and carrots and a small sweet potato (I also ate dinner early - around 6. I was still hungry after dinner so I had some shredded coconut and an orange) 

Exercise - Barre class, 30 minutes on my stationary bike and plan on going on a short evening walk

What went well today: I stuck to the rules! Wo! I also made carby cheesy saucy ziti for my bf and was not tempted at all - NOT MY FOOD! 

Goals for tomorrow: Drink more water (need to go buy sparkling water tonight) and prep enough food in advance (it is better to prep enough food for my body and to not eat all of it than to not prep enough food and find myself hungry and not sure what to eat). 

Recap April 2 - Day 2: 

B - Cantaloup

L - Celery sticks with avocado, egg and apple

D - Steamed broccoli with roasted carrots and eggs (also had a small sweet potato and some shredded coconut) 

Exercise - Barre class, 20 minute stationary bike, and about an hour walk

What went well today: I drank more water today! BF's mom came to visit and brought him a huge chicken parm deli sandwich - and I love bread. I stuck to my meals and enjoyed my food - healthy food is just has good as greasy bread. 

Goal for tomorrow: Plan Plan Plan. I have a rough schedule on Mondays, so gotta make a good plan! 

Plan for April 3 - Day 3: 

Mondays suck! 

Before afternoon class - Coffee and carrot celery mix from corner store 

Break between class - Finish carrot celery mix and have green juice 

Right after class - Apple 

Dinner - Start with a pear - then 2 eggs scrambled with 1/2 cup of broccoli over greens and a small sweet potato 

Archived