Round 2.2

laura68

So round 2 started off pretty well, but at the end of day 2 I completely forgot that I was on W30 until mid indulgence. Opps.

Round 2.2 started over on Wednesday and today is Day 4.

I am doing this round to stop the negative eating I was doing after being diagnosed with multiple DVTs and a bi-lateral pulmonary embolism in February. It looks like I was using food and sugar not only as an escape, but to punish myself for this health setback. This was on top of a semi anything goes vacation over the holidays. 

My medication may be for life, and my energy level is all over the map. It takes about 2 days to recover from an energy expending day. I am looking forward to seeing how my gut behaves, what foods aren't doing me any favors, and getting good sleep again. I'm also hoping to see if I get more mental clarity or if I'm having challenges with my medication.

Day 4 of this journey has me already dreaming about non-compliant foods, ranom cravings, and the sugar dragon keeps knocking at my door when I least expect it. 

Let's see what the rest of the day brings. 

Day 7 - had energy yesterday morning, which was great especially since I walked a few miles on Sunday and got just over 15,500 steps. I did have a serious energy crash around 3, but didn't eat anything so that was a win. Steps for Monday was just over 7000. 

I am at the point where I don't know what energy issues are related to diet, recovery, or medication. 

My sleep sucks. I really need to get more sleep. I need to create a new nightly routine to encourage it. I miss sleep and it's not helping my recovery to not get the sleep I need. Right now I fluxuate between 4 - 8 hours and I know I need between 7.5 - 9 hours to function at the top of my game. 

Got an email from my now retired primary care doctor about getting into see the pulmonary doctor to set up an appropriate exercise level for my lungs. I guess my way of doing things just may not be the best route. 

Day 10 - I think. At this point I have to look at my calendar to rememberand to count. Past few days I've been cranky and hormonal, which hasn't helped. I want to eat everything, nothing sounds good, and I've had too many compliant on the go meals which I'm sure isn't helping me. I remember how well I felt towards the end of round 1 and I don't remember when I started feeling that way, so it's frustrating to not get back there right away. Pretty sure the amount of sugar I had from Dec-mid March hasn't done me any favors. 

I wish my sleep this round was as good as in the first round. I'm still all over the map. I may need a new bed, but have only had this one for 8 years. Time to start saving towards a new bed just in case. 

Archived