I have a 7 month old and have done cleanses/detoxes before but do not want to do those this time around because I am breastfeeding and I know that whatever ends up in our bloodstreams can get into our breastmilk.  Seems like the Whole30 is a good fit for me because there are no supplements to take and it is not as strict as just juicing for a week.  However, when I hear words like "carb fever" and hear other symptoms people mention, there seems to be some type of detox effect for each person separately.  I understand there are psychological relationships we develop with food that are also being undone in these 30 days, but a clean diet gives your body the chance to heal, hence the idea that it would start cleaning itself up by getting rid of toxins makes sense to me.  It's not out of the realm of possibility for those toxins to end up in our blood streams and pass through to the breastmilk.  Does anyone have experience or technical experience on this subject?  I want to do this to reset myself because my son has eczema and I have never craved carbs like I did when I was pregnant and the first 5 months of breastfeeding.  I believe a super clean diet for me may help him, and I'm willing to ease my way into it if that means he doesn't end up taking in toxins my body is trying to get rid of.

Archived