Whole 30 Starting 4/3 in Philly!

akmantonio

Looking forward to changing my eating habits and relationship with food this month! 

I've been working out 2-4 times a week for about a year and a half now. At my heaviest, I was pushing 270lbs, and I'm now somewhere in the 230-240 range. I've gone down 2 tshirt sizes and 3 pants sizes, which is a really great feeling! I can tell that my body composition has been rearranging since I started working out. 

My issue is that I've been in this 230-240lb range for about 4 months now. I always try to keep myself from overeating, but I haven't been that scrupulous on what I put into my body. I am a big fan of french fries, sugary drinks and almost anything deep-fried. I've been working out very consistently, feeling physically stronger, but now I'm ready to make the big lifestyle change. 

I am a little nervous about the no drinking thing - I am a nightlife entertainer (drag queen and I host a weekly trivia night at a local bar), and I know that there will be plenty of temptation, but I'm optimistic that I can resist the urges and stick to club soda with lime :). 

I really do love cooking, though! For my day 0 yesterday, I did a lot of food shopping for week one, spent a littttttttle more than I wanted to on all of the ingredients, but I think that future shopping trips will be less expensive. My fridge is PACKED full of meats and vegetables, which is pretty awesome! I roasted a whole chicken last night (for protein salads this week) with minced garlic, thyme and oregano. I made the tomato sauce as well. Something that I am curious about - I could not find a single can of crushed tomatoes at the store with 0g of sugar, but I figured that any sugar in the cans was from citrus? Not sure...

I also made ranch dressing (which is delicious!!), roasted sppaghetti squash, and the tomato spinach frittata. I ate half the frittata for breakfast this morning, but I don't know if I'll be making that for myself very often... Or if I do, I'll have it fresh rather than making it in advance. What's the best way to reheat a frittata? I put it in the microwave, but I really didn't like the texture and it kind of made me gag when I was eating it this morning. 

I've got a protein salad and baby spinach with me here at work, I'm going to be making ground beef with tomato sauce over spaghetti sauce for dinner tonight! Looking forward to it :):):)

DAY TWO

Last night wasn't that bad. I had ground beef with italian seasoning and tomato sauce over a bed of roasted spaghetti squash. I did get hungry later in the evening and ate a couple pounds of red seedless grapes... I'm going to work on cutting out any and all snacks - even if they're w30 compliant. 

Today started with leftovers and a fried egg. I'm not super used to eating breakfast every day, so I kind of feel like I have to force the food down. I just don't really have an appetite in the mornings and if I eat something I don't really like, it'll make me gag. I learned that the hard way yesterday with the spinach tomato frittata :P

Lunch today was good! I mixed the ranch with chicken that I roasted the other night and ate it out of a hollowed out red bell pepper. I also brought some carrots to eat with the ranch and finished it with an apple. 

Tonight's dinner is chicken breast with red pepper mayo and lemon oil cabbage salad. I haven't really been feeling too strange yet, but I can definitely tell that I have less energy today than normal. I did have a medium Americano, which gave me some energy and was, surprisingly, not as bad as I thought that it would be! 

#onedayatatime

Archived