Meal 1

Mrs.P2014

So I'm having trouble with the eating 1 hr after waking. I work at 6:30 and typically wake at 5:30 to leave he house by 6. I'm a Pilates instructor so I am not able to sit and eat a meal when I get to work. What are good options for me to have. I have typically been waiting until I get done with my shift to eat which is anywhere between 10 & 12. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

• Moderators

Anything you can make ahead and grab on your way out the door. Meatballs or burger patties, salmon cakes, hard boiled eggs, blended soups for vegetables, a handful of olives or a sliced avocado for fat. If you have everything put together in containers the night before, waking up 5-10 minutes earlier gives you plenty of time to reheat anything that needs to be heated (although I pretty happily eat any of those protein options cold, so they may not need it). 

http://forum.whole30.com/topic/43056-in-a-breakfast-rut/#comment-442738

More grab N go ideas.  Make some soup/stew/dish that you can throw it in your wide mouth thermos...big mouth billy bass thermos. big smile2 smiley  Slurp on the way or you just have to give yourself 10-15 extra minutes in the morning.  

Skipping meals until lunchtime, working out daily in the fasted state until noon and maybe catching a late dinner or simply eating one large meal at noon, eventually the hormones are directly affected. The two key hormones, insulin and cortisol increase because your body is always in  the 'fasted', self-induced starving mode which triggers a greater stress response.

Over time, increased cortisol leads to a unhealthy kind of belly fat because the body is compensating for skipping meals.  Every single day.

Eat within one hour waking.  It's hormone healing. 

Archived