Starting 2 weeks from today, April 17

Nancy Kny

On 4/20/2017 at 3:05 PM, amanda_kathryn said:

What have you gotten when you eat out? That is the part that stresses me out. I know I can be compliant and make delicious food at home but I worry about what to get if I'm eating out.

The first time I went to yardhouse and I got the steak cobb salad (I think?)  I just talked to the waitress about what was on it, left off anything non-compliant, added on veggies that were and made sure I was clear about no butter. I used my own dressing.

I went to chili's and I ordered the mango chili chicken.  I again talked with the waitress and made sure that the sauces and glaze were left off, just had the mango and pico added, and then went with two sides of broccoli.  She assured me there was no butter added, and also told me she made sure to tell the kitchen to definitely leave off the sauces so she went out of her way for me.  

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to share some whole30 victories with you guys. This morning I was able to fit into some old jeans that I haven't been able to wear since the very early part of my pregnancy, probably a year and a half ago. It is killing me to not be able to step on the scale to see the number but getting dressed today was all the proof that I need to know that this stuff is really working!

I was also able to successfully survive Bagel Friday at my office today, which I knew ahead of time was going to be one of my biggest challenges. Normally when one of the off limit foods I love the most is around I try and remove myself from the situation but I can't do that when it is in the middle of a meeting. Being surrounded by the delicious smell of warm bagels and cream cheese and not being able to indulge was tough because boy did it smell good - but I did it and I am so proud of myself.

Here's to Non Scale Victories! Anyone else have any motivation they can share with the group?

I'm also feeling lighter and can tell ive lost some weight! Yay there! 

I think my biggest victory is that I'm ENJOYING this.  Most of the time when you diet you miss and crave and moan about all the things you can't have.   I never expected to start something like this and have zero craving feelings and so far only one grumpy day. 

Congrats on your bagel victory!!!! 

We can talk! I like to talk!  Day 20! 2/3! We can do this.   

I admit I am starting to miss a few things.  Or just things like I drove up to Austin to visit my sister and to eat I needed to go to the grocery store to get food to make sure I had what I needed.  And after a pretty stressful drive, it was frustrating that everyone else was drinking and I could not. :/ 

but im committed. to make it.  

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Lea Mint said:

We can talk! I like to talk!  Day 20! 2/3! We can do this.   

I admit I am starting to miss a few things.  Or just things like I drove up to Austin to visit my sister and to eat I needed to go to the grocery store to get food to make sure I had what I needed.  And after a pretty stressful drive, it was frustrating that everyone else was drinking and I could not. :/ 

but im committed. to make it.  

I'll chat with you guys too :)  

You'll make it Lea Mint!  You've already got this in the bag!  You're doing so well!  Pfffth to drinking... you get to wake up clear headed the next day and the rest of them are all dopey... you definitely win by not drinking!

Hahaha. I enjoy drinking.  It's rare I drink enough to get sick. :P

and I am.  This is a rough weekend because my sister and mom are drinking, and that's honestly harder for me than not having the food.   I just enjoy the more relaxed social feel of it. 

But its 10 more days.  I'll make it.  I made 8 months twice after all !

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Lea Mint said:

Hahaha. I enjoy drinking.  It's rare I drink enough to get sick. :P

and I am.  This is a rough weekend because my sister and mom are drinking, and that's honestly harder for me than not having the food.   I just enjoy the more relaxed social feel of it. 

But its 10 more days.  I'll make it.  I made 8 months twice after all !

Oh, I didn't think you would drink till you were sick, but you MAY notice after when you bring a glass of wine back that you wake up groggy... it's something that some people determine is worth it for the social aspect and some people don't... 

I enjoy the social aspect of it too, but I often drive to and from where my friends are hanging out and I am a not a drop of alcohol if I"m driving kind of person... sometimes if it's hard, I just switch my virtuous switch on in my head and tell myself that I"m tougher than most for not participating :)

Good attitude tho!  10 days is nothing!

I miss drinking socially as well.... I am going back to California for mother's day this weekend and my w30 partner already started drinking again and she didn't want to tell me so I didn't lose my motivation. I can feel myself losing my will to not drink...

I know I have lost a lot from this diet, I started at a size 12 work pant and I am at a 6 now!  I feel like I want to bring alcohol back and just keep my diet w30 since I feel so fabulous... I don't think I will go back to the way I was eating, but I definitely want to go back to the feeling I get when I am able to drink with friends and family.   

On 5/6/2017 at 7:54 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

Oh, I didn't think you would drink till you were sick, but you MAY notice after when you bring a glass of wine back that you wake up groggy... it's something that some people determine is worth it for the social aspect and some people don't... 

I enjoy the social aspect of it too, but I often drive to and from where my friends are hanging out and I am a not a drop of alcohol if I"m driving kind of person... sometimes if it's hard, I just switch my virtuous switch on in my head and tell myself that I"m tougher than most for not participating :)

Good attitude tho!  10 days is nothing!

I'm not too worried about that ;)  Like I said, I've done the 8  months free of it and know exactly how to go back. I don't normally have issues the morning after as long as I'm not utterly silly with the amount, which is rare.   I really just miss the relaxation of it.  

Lol, I'm definitely tougher than most for the will power ability, but knowing I can, and actually doing it are two different things!  Trust me, the only two things I'm counting down for are wine and creamer in my coffee.   otherwise, I'm pretty good. Although I did read that time line and the whole 'food boredom at day 21" it mentioned was definitely a real thing.  Still I'll get there!

31 minutes ago, kenziemichelee said:

I miss drinking socially as well.... I am going back to California for mother's day this weekend and my w30 partner already started drinking again and she didn't want to tell me so I didn't lose my motivation. I can feel myself losing my will to not drink...

I know I have lost a lot from this diet, I started at a size 12 work pant and I am at a 6 now!  I feel like I want to bring alcohol back and just keep my diet w30 since I feel so fabulous... I don't think I will go back to the way I was eating, but I definitely want to go back to the feeling I get when I am able to drink with friends and family.   

Damn!  what a great change in your pants! That's awesome!!!  I can see mine in my face so that's nice.  Hoping for a little more at the waist in week four! 

21 hours ago, Lea Mint said:

I'm not too worried about that ;)  Like I said, I've done the 8  months free of it and know exactly how to go back. I don't normally have issues the morning after as long as I'm not utterly silly with the amount, which is rare.   I really just miss the relaxation of it.  

Lol, I'm definitely tougher than most for the will power ability, but knowing I can, and actually doing it are two different things!  Trust me, the only two things I'm counting down for are wine and creamer in my coffee.   otherwise, I'm pretty good. Although I did read that time line and the whole 'food boredom at day 21" it mentioned was definitely a real thing.  Still I'll get there!

Damn!  what a great change in your pants! That's awesome!!!  I can see mine in my face so that's nice.  Hoping for a little more at the waist in week four! 

That's awesome! I cant see any changes in my face.... And I now I cant even drink for two weeks because of the meds I am on lol... Talk about a sign to keep going and not quit! I wonder if everyone else is still doing it? hmm I am glad you are doing it with me still since my partner started drinking again this weekend...

So we are on  Day 23 or 24 now! I seriously went to bed last night feeling crabby and unmotivated to waking up this morning and feeling on fire! I am not sure if this is what Tiger Blood officially feels like but I feel like I have a clear head!

Things my boyfriend would do use to frustrate me so bad and now its like I can stop and think about it and put myself in his shoes! It seriously feels like I just took sociology in college all over again! I feel like my mind is understanding situations better than it has in a long time!

Not only that but I feel awesome and I feel comfortable in my clothes!!!! I know that sounds weird to say, but I know you know what I am talking about! There is nothing worse then feeling suffocated by your clothes or feel like you are going to bust out of your pants!

I'm jealous. I haven't felt well in almost a week now :(  I had really  hoped changing my eating would help some with my health but it doesn't seem to be.  Sadly I made an appointment to see the doctor next week and get tested for things. 

Today is day 24!  We have six left after this.   I had a good lunch today, although I haven't felt hungry (Probably being the sick) but made myself eat breakfast and lunch anyway.   

Definitely on the weight! I've gone down a belt notch and I can see it in my face that I'm slimmer so all wins there!  Great job for you too!!! 

17 minutes ago, Lea Mint said:

I'm jealous. I haven't felt well in almost a week now :(  I had really  hoped changing my eating would help some with my health but it doesn't seem to be.  Sadly I made an appointment to see the doctor next week and get tested for things. 

Today is day 24!  We have six left after this.   I had a good lunch today, although I haven't felt hungry (Probably being the sick) but made myself eat breakfast and lunch anyway.   

Definitely on the weight! I've gone down a belt notch and I can see it in my face that I'm slimmer so all wins there!  Great job for you too!!! 

Oh no.. I am sorry you are feeling sick, I hope the doctors can figure out what is going on! Keep me posted and keep up the good work! After the sickness passes just think about how amazing you will feel! Stay strong

On 5/16/2017 at 11:37 AM, Lea Mint said:

Last day! It's kinda bittersweet because I do miss some things, and I don't feel my health improved like I had hoped but I have lost weight and do also feel I could eat mostly compliant the rest of my life. 

Congrats on completing your W30! Great going!

Some health issues take more than 30 days of W30 to improve, often 3 - 6 months for many. If you continue with this, you may find you feel a lot better by the beginning of August.

(I've been lurking to cheer CCLaymon on. I did my W30 in her excellent company starting last November. I've carried on eating W30 since then, because I like it. It's just how I eat these days. ;) )

I plan to continue on just not 100% strict.   I like my coffee with a little cream and sweetener, so I've brought that back in, a little wine, and I've had some cheese.   I also had a little bit of beans yesterday (little did I know that catered lunch would be MEXICAN).  I'm not even close to ready to feel like reintroing grains, and I figure leaving out desserts and other items for some time is good for my health, my blood pressure, and my weight anyway! 

Today we went out to eat and it was nice to not have to be SUPER picky about the food while still eating fairly well, with green beans and sweet potatoes as my side dish and the pork stuffed with apples and mushrooms, even if there was a little butter or sugar in the recipe, I felt very comfortable eating it.  

Archived