Starting April 5th

TRWalters

I'm a single teacher, so lunches and long days will be the norm. Once I get home, though, life gets much easier. Any suggestions for those headache and bloating days that I know are coming while I'm still being hands-on with those brilliant minds I've been entrusted with?

I hope you had a good first day!

My only suggestion would be to bring one or two mini-meals for those days you think you might be a little cranky. I know we're supposed to avoid snacking on the Whole30, but it would be better to eat a little extra nutrient-packed food than to snap at your students ;) (by mini-meal I mean a snack that incorporates at least 2 of the W30 food groups. I usually pack some berries and a small handful of almonds when I know I'm going to have a long day).

Good luck! and have a great Whole30!

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MissEmilyRae said:

I hope you had a good first day!

My only suggestion would be to bring one or two mini-meals for those days you think you might be a little cranky. I know we're supposed to avoid snacking on the Whole30, but it would be better to eat a little extra nutrient-packed food than to snap at your students ;) (by mini-meal I mean a snack that incorporates at least 2 of the W30 food groups. I usually pack some berries and a small handful of almonds when I know I'm going to have a long day).

Good luck! and have a great Whole30!

Good advice for your fellow 30'er!  Fruit and nuts are not recommended to be eaten on their own.... how about packing a hardboiled egg and some olives?

31 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Good advice for your fellow 30'er!  Fruit and nuts are not recommended to be eaten on their own.... how about packing a hardboiled egg and some olives?

I thought I remembered reading that about fruits and nuts somewhere, but when I went back to read it again I couldn't find it. Do you know which book/section talked about that?

I am also a teacher. I leave home at 6:30 am and return home at 6:00 pm. My tactic has been to make my breakfasts and lunches on Sunday and pack them ahead of time. My first week, I made a lovely fritatta for breakfasts and a salad with kale, spinach, Whole30-friendly salad dressing, raisins, and grilled chicken. The salad is large enough that I can have half at lunch and half during my planning period. So far, I have not experienced my usual midafternoon slump. :)

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! The last couple,of days have been very busy at school, but I guess that's working in my favor. I have had the opportunity to notice my hunger or slow down at all until the day is over and I'm driving home. I had things prepared for lunches and dinner, but allowed myself the luxury of stopping by Whole Foods and picking up exactly what I was in the mood for, all compliant. I really haven't experienced any significant difficulties so far except for breakfast. I'm not much of a breakfast eater, so have to split it into first and second breakfast to get in the recommended servings. I know that isn't ideal, but my stomach just won't hold any more at that time!

bverst, do you have any breakfast suggestions besides the frittata? I plan to make one on Sunday but want a little variety that's also quick.

Archived