Water Water Everywhere

Hi everyone - I'm on day 20 of my second Whole30, and have noticed that in the past few days I'm drinking upwards of 100 ounces of water.  And that's a low estimate, not including what I drink during my workout.  Not sure this is related to the Whole30, haven't increased my exercise volume or anything, and of course I'm not drinking alcohol so I shouldn't be extremely dehydrated.  

Has this happened to anyone else?  Any idea what's going on here?  It's free, so I don't really mind, it's just curious.

About 150 pounds, so I'm drinking over 150% of that recommendation.  Monday I drank at least 120 ounces.  And I should note, I already have type 1 diabetes, and my blood sugar has not been running high so that's not the cause.

Pale yellow.  I haven't noticed any changes.  I have done some googling and don't have any signs of hyponatremia (I've had that before too), no swelling in the hands/feet, and I feel generally great (day 20, natch!).  I have been refilling my water bottle when I would normally reach for a snack... I think I'm using water to fill some space in my stomach between meals.

I will track it for a few more days and see if I notice anything.  Maybe it's a temporary adjustment.

• Moderators

sounds okay but in the next couple of days if this is bothersome to you, because you're diabetic and we're not medical professionals, i would recommend a quick trip to the doctor... I know extreme thirst can be a warning sign of things off in a diabetic... 

Have you added any new/different foods to your diet recently? Early in my Whole30 I noticed I was extremely thirsty all the time... turned out some sausages I'd been eating were compliant but super high in sodium. I reduced my portions of them (and didn't buy them again!) and was back to normal in a day or so.

Archived