Leg Cramps

Pamelalala

Hello there - I am a Newbie and on Day 19 (woo hoo!) and I'm having leg cramping at night.  I literally have to jump out of bed to walk the spasm out.  Any one else out there have experience with this?  I searched the forum and it sounded like more people were experiencing less cramping.  All comments will be appreciated! Thank you.

• Moderators

This does happen sometimes. Be sure you're drinking plenty of water, as dehydration is one cause of leg cramps, and salt your foods to taste. Also, you might look into eating foods rich in potassium and magnesium (just google something like foods high in potassium and you should get lists -- just pick the ones that are Whole30 compliant). For the magnesium, you could try taking a supplement if you wanted -- I know that original, unflavored Natural Calm is compliant, but there are other options as well, or you could do epsom salt baths or foot soaks to increase magnesium without taking it orally. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2017 at 10:29 AM, ShannonM816 said:

This does happen sometimes. Be sure you're drinking plenty of water, as dehydration is one cause of leg cramps, and salt your foods to taste. Also, you might look into eating foods rich in potassium and magnesium (just google something like foods high in potassium and you should get lists -- just pick the ones that are Whole30 compliant). For the magnesium, you could try taking a supplement if you wanted -- I know that original, unflavored Natural Calm is compliant, but there are other options as well, or you could do epsom salt baths or foot soaks to increase magnesium without taking it orally. 

On 4/8/2017 at 10:29 AM, ShannonM816 said:

On 4/8/2017 at 7:13 AM, Pamelalala said:

Hello there - I am a Newbie and on Day 19 (woo hoo!) and I'm having leg cramping at night.  I literally have to jump out of bed to walk the spasm out.  Any one else out there have experience with this?  I searched the forum and it sounded like more people were experiencing less cramping.  All comments will be appreciated! Thank you.

Thank you for the reply - apologies for my delay! Your suggestions were very helpful and the magnesium supplement (compliant) has made a difference. On day 33 and feeling terrific!

On 4/8/2017 at 7:13 AM, Pamelalala said:

Archived