Newbie starting April 10th

simpleexannie

4 hours ago, simpleexannie said:

This morning I was talking to my colleague and I was so hungry I think they could hear my stomach on the floor below lol! So I think that means that my hormones are getting back on track cause I never used to be that hungry before. Maybe? 

Could also be that you're not eating enough? We really don't want you to be hungry here at all..... What do your meals look like? Are you able to last 4-5hrs between each meal? Are you drinking plenty of water?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys!

Good to hear everybody is still keeping up!

I'm at day 6 today.
The past days I went from exhausted to dynamite energy levels.
Today I'm still very energetic but feeling like these 6 days have been taking forever already and I would really really really love some chocolate, cookies, pie, diet coke, ....

I went out to dinner last night and had a steak with extra salad. But I did want that chocolate dessert sooooo much.

But I'm staying strong and just trying not to get hungry, because I feel that if I get hungry my cravings for junkfood will just get worse and I'll be easier to seduce by that junk food and sugar dragon.

Thinking about the great energy that I'm feeling and making myself aware that my mind is messing with me to go back to my old habits.

Stay strong people!

;-)

Well Day 6 went with no hiccups until the very end of my work day. I was getting my paycheck from hr because we are closed today for Good Friday. As I am standing there talking to hr she always has a bowl of candies (this time it was peppermint candies) for people to take when they leave her office as I usually do I take two and go back out to the floor. Im looking at my paycheck and absentmindedly starting to open the candy wrapper. I freeze when I realize what I had in my hand, I WAS LIKE NO!!!! I came so close to screwing up though I will hedge its not a big screw up I mean seriously but still I can't afford even one slip up lol.

I went grocery shopping today and spent 158 dollars on the food that i will need to day me from day 7 through day 14. now thats 21 meals i have to plan for and at a little over 7 dollars a meal or 21 dollars a day thats not bad at all. I will be trying this week Shakshuka, sauteed green beans and mushrooms with fried eggs for breakfast. I will be making Beef and Sweet Potato chili (swapping the beef with buffalo), Braised Beef Short Ribs with Porcini Mushroom Sauce, Beef And Beet Borscht, and finally Sausage, Potato, and Kale soup. The zuppa toscana is one of my favorite meals at olive garden now i know this isnt the same but I hope its just as good. I must say the recipes I have tried so far are delicious and keep me full for hours, and thats something that I have never known to happen. I could sit there and eat till im ready to throw up and maybe an hour later im hungry again. I start cooking these recipes I go hours without getting hungry.

Im glad you are sharing your struggles for it makes me feel im not alone in mine and I hope mine is the same way for you as well. Stay Strong, Live Well, Be Happy.

John

9 hours ago, jmcbn said:

Could also be that you're not eating enough? We really don't want you to be hungry here at all..... What do your meals look like? Are you able to last 4-5hrs between each meal? Are you drinking plenty of water?

well that was in the morning, before I had breakfast. see, normally I don't really eat breakfast so I'm not used to making it a priority until these past few days. and normally, I'm not really that hungry in the morning. pre-whole30, I would start snacking or I'd just have an early lunch. But I think it's a good sign that I was really hungry yesterday cause I think the book said if I'm not hungry in the morning after sleeping for 8 hours then my hormones are off. so today when I got into work I had eggs that I had just made at home and half an avocado. And then I was a little hungry about an hour later so I had the rest of the avocado. so maybe eggs aren't enough? I had four (the number I can fit in my hand) but nothing else so maybe it was cause of lack of veggies? I'm still getting used to this whole meal planning thing and having full breakfasts.

34 minutes ago, knight_jontrann said:

Im glad you are sharing your struggles for it makes me feel im not alone in mine and I hope mine is the same way for you as well. Stay Strong, Live Well, Be Happy.

Good job John! you may not think it's a big deal but I'm very impressed! I think one of the harder things is to remember and be aware of what we're eating. and so I'm personally scared that I'm gonna forget and have to start over. but the fact that you forgot and then remembered shows that your mindset is changing which I think is so cool that it's happening so fast!

my struggles are when my colleagues go out to eat without me or when they bring take out back to the office and I'm sitting there with my sad healthy chicken and they're having Thai and I wish I could have noodles right now...

but today is going to be better cause last night I made a full meal for me and my friend and I have leftovers today and it's not sad looking! I made squash with ground meat and tomato sauce and, oh my, it was so filling! I ate a way smaller portion than I normally would if I had the same meal but with pasta, and I was super full and I didn't need to go back for seconds! also zuppa toscana sounds so good!

also yesterday my Mom said that when I told her I was doing this she "knew it wouldn't work but oh well at least you're trying" which is also kind of a bummer :ph34r:

I believe in all of us though! we can do it! I won't let anyone rain on my parade!

Hi! I started on Monday too- about to be done with Day 5! 

How are you all doing with it?

My main concern right now is that I'm eating too much fat. I've been eating a lot of nuts, and an avocado every day. I know we have to put something in our bodies, but how much is too much?

@simpleexannie Thanks and Im glad my struggle is helping you with yours. I am very lucky that I have a very wide support group not just here on the forums but I also made a post to my friends and family on facebook telling them that I started a journey and that I had a hope for them not for them to join me on this journey but to stop and just say an encouraging word or just say hey Im thinking about you I hope you are doing well. If you havent reached out to your friends and other family i would recommend it. I havent talked to some of this people in years and they are coming out of the wood work to support a better me.

Well I made the Buffalo Sweet Potato Chili, and the Sausage, Potato, and Kale soup today and they are both so good... I took samples with me to my gym and gave them to the two attendants there. One of them gave me a high compliment by asking if I ran a restaurant somewhere lol. I told her no I just cook at home for myself. Tomorrow I will make the Braised Beef short ribs and the Beef and Beet Borscht. I will let you all how that turns out.

I will invite everyone again to look me up on my social networks again fb and Instagram I am constantly uploading pics and comments to those for the whole30. I cant figure out how to edit my earlier post with my social info on it so again its Jonathan Roadman on fb and jdroadman772 for instagram.

ruth312 Welcome to the thread we are a friendly lot and try to encourage each other to our best ability.  I could be wrong but I have heard that you should not eat avocados everyday because of the high fat content. If you can pick up the cookbook for the whole30 (if you dont have it already) I think simpleexannie would agree me that it is worth it. If you are a prime member its 16 bucks worth every penny. I bought it at Barnes and Noble for 30 which is the going rate for it. All the recipes I mention will be from the cookbook.

Alright everyone that is it for me and Day 7. Stay Strong, Live Well, Be happy

John

Hi guys,

Day 7 today and since yesterday afternoon I'm feeling like I'm sugar crashing the whole time. 

Of maybe I'm just hungry? I'm not exactly sure.

But I feel kind of light headed all the time.

Normally a piece of bread that fills  me up a bit would do the trick. But that's a no go now.

Is anyone else experiencing this feeling? Do you think I'm not eating enough? Or is it my body/mind getting a cold turkey?

Keep it up!

x

kim

24 minutes ago, Kim Vdloo said:

But I feel kind of light headed all the time.

Could be that you're not eating enough - what are you eating in a typical day?

Are you drinking the recommended half an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily, and salting your food?

• Moderators
18 hours ago, knight_jontrann said:

@simpleexannie Thanks and Im glad my struggle is helping you with yours. I am very lucky that I have a very wide support group not just here on the forums but I also made a post to my friends and family on facebook telling them that I started a journey and that I had a hope for them not for them to join me on this journey but to stop and just say an encouraging word or just say hey Im thinking about you I hope you are doing well. If you havent reached out to your friends and other family i would recommend it. I havent talked to some of this people in years and they are coming out of the wood work to support a better me.

Well I made the Buffalo Sweet Potato Chili, and the Sausage, Potato, and Kale soup today and they are both so good... I took samples with me to my gym and gave them to the two attendants there. One of them gave me a high compliment by asking if I ran a restaurant somewhere lol. I told her no I just cook at home for myself. Tomorrow I will make the Braised Beef short ribs and the Beef and Beet Borscht. I will let you all how that turns out.

I will invite everyone again to look me up on my social networks again fb and Instagram I am constantly uploading pics and comments to those for the whole30. I cant figure out how to edit my earlier post with my social info on it so again its Jonathan Roadman on fb and jdroadman772 for instagram.

ruth312 Welcome to the thread we are a friendly lot and try to encourage each other to our best ability.  I could be wrong but I have heard that you should not eat avocados everyday because of the high fat content. If you can pick up the cookbook for the whole30 (if you dont have it already) I think simpleexannie would agree me that it is worth it. If you are a prime member its 16 bucks worth every penny. I bought it at Barnes and Noble for 30 which is the going rate for it. All the recipes I mention will be from the cookbook.

Alright everyone that is it for me and Day 7. Stay Strong, Live Well, Be happy

John

AVocados are indeed a fat and can be eaten every day if one wants... 

• Moderators
On 4/14/2017 at 4:09 PM, ruth312 said:

Hi! I started on Monday too- about to be done with Day 5! 

How are you all doing with it?

My main concern right now is that I'm eating too much fat. I've been eating a lot of nuts, and an avocado every day. I know we have to put something in our bodies, but how much is too much?

It's actually really hard to overeat fat, as long as you're eating healthy fats as part of a meal with lots of vegetables and adequate amounts of protein. In that combination, real, whole foods naturally make you feel satiated when you've eaten enough (although sometimes people are surprised that it's more than they're expecting to need, especially if they're used to limiting fat and calories). An avocado every day is fine. I would watch the nuts, just because they're not your best fat option -- their ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 is not great, they often cause digestive issues for people, and they can easily be food without brakes, or something that it's incredibly easy to overeat without really realizing it. You can still have them, but stick to a serving (which is about a closed fist full) once a day or less.

Try having olives, coconut in any form (toasted coconut flakes on vegetables or mixed into a salad, for instance, or soups or curries with coconut milk), or make some sauces and dips that will add fat, and help prevent food boredom later on as they're an easy way to change up the flavors of a meal. Mayo is a staple -- you can use it as is for dipping meats or vegetables in as you eat, or turn it into a creamy dressing with herbs, mix it with hot sauce for a dip for chicken strips, make chicken, tuna or egg salad with it, use it to make potato salad or coleslaw, or even deviled eggs. There are some other dip recipes here or here, or check do something like a pesto or chimichurri

@Kim Vdloo I felt that way the first few days of the diet particularly on Day 3, but I believe that was my body just adjusting to the new regime and also I am going to the gym 5-6 days a week now so that probably has something to do it as well. I cold turkey caffeine and as much sugar as I could when I started counting calories and watching what I ate which was march 20th. I have had caffeine in some form for 22 years now so the withdrawals were unpleasant to say the least and lasted about 10 or 11 days.  If you are cutting back on your caffeine intake that might have something to do it.  Hopefully the effects pass quickly though!

Day 8 is ending and what a lazy day it was for me. Thankfully I cooked meals that would not only get me through yesterday but today as well because I just did not feel like cooking today. Though it was unwise of me to do that because I still count my calories just to keep track and Ive only consumed 900 calories today. I went to the gym and with cardio burned roughly "500" calories could more could less but probably around that number. That is an unhealthy amount of calories so I have to do better tomorrow. I guess thats it for me today see you tomorrow. Stay Strong, Live Well, Be Happy.

john

6 hours ago, knight_jontrann said:

Though it was unwise of me to do that because I still count my calories just to keep track and Ive only consumed 900 calories today.

We really would prefer that you learn to listen to your body and fuel it as it needs - which would be WAY more than what you've eaten given your activity levels.

What does a typical day of food look like for you? Are you including post WO meals too? I did take a look at your IG feed to see if I could get an idea of what you're eating - the lime pork looked good, but you had no fat and, save for a few strands of onion, no veg either. The kale soup also looked good, but again no fat - and how smalll is that bowl? Or is the spoon just extra large...? ;)

A day or two of under-eating and you'll probably still feel okay. Keep it up however and your body will slow down it's metabolism to save fuel for normal bodily functions and you'll start to feel not just so great with fatigue, cravings etc as your body tries to encourage you to play nutritional catch up....

On 15-4-2017 at 2:48 PM, jmcbn said:

Could be that you're not eating enough - what are you eating in a typical day?

Are you drinking the recommended half an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily, and salting your food?

Well my day more or less looks like this:

breakfast: a green juice (spinach, apple, selery, ginger, lemon, water) + 2 eggs

snack: banana or handfull of nuts

lunch: spinach salad, apple, meat or fish, olive oil, nuts, advocado

dinner: vegetables with meat or fish, sometimes with sweet potatoe

I work out +/- 3 times a week. I run or do bootcamp.

I do salt my food.

I've always found it hard to know what to eat in relation to mu workouts. So sometimes I feel like I ate too little, sometimes like I ate too much.

I'm not sure how much water I drink. I'm a natural drinker :-) But maybe it's not enough in this change of eating habits?

thanks for helpibg out

Kim

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Kim Vdloo said:

Well my day more or less looks like this:

breakfast: a green juice (spinach, apple, selery, ginger, lemon, water) + 2 eggs

lunch: spinach salad, apple, meat or fish, olive oil, nuts, advocado

dinner: vegetables with meat or fish, sometimes with sweet potatoe

I work out +/- 3 times a week. I run or do bootcamp.

I do salt my food.

I've always found it hard to know what to eat in relation to mu workouts. So sometimes I feel like I ate too little, sometimes like I ate too much.

I'm not sure how much water I drink. I'm a natural drinker :-) But maybe it's not enough in this change of eating habits?

thanks for helpibg out

Kim

Have you checked out the meal template? It tells you what your meals should look like for best results, and it includes what you should be having for pre- and post-workout, which would be in addition to your three meals a day. When you get your meals right, they'll keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours, and you won't need the snacks.

You don't really have indications of serving sizes, but here's what I'd try to make your meals look like going forward, and see if it helps:

Breakfast: Lose the juice -- food you chew has a different effect on your satiety than food you eat. Have 3 eggs, or eggs + some other protein. Have vegetables -- saute a few big handfuls of spinach with your eggs, or you can dice and cook a zucchini or yellow squash with some onion, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms and make an omelette, or whatever vegetables you like, but have lots of vegetables. Add some fat -- avocado goes well with eggs, or have a big handful of olives, or a dollop of mayo with your vegetables.

Again, if your meals are big enough, you probably won't need snacks, but if you are hungry between meals, have a mix or protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. 

Lunch: Think about how much spinach and other leafy greens wilt down when they cook -- they do the same as you chew them, so sometimes it looks like a big serving, but there's not enough substance to keep you feeling satisfied for very long. So when you have salads as the main part of your meal, make them really big, and include a mix of vegetables, including some more substantial ones. Add some broccoli or snap peas or zucchini or yellow squash or jicama or beets or leftover roasted sweet potatoes or carrots. You do look like you've added plenty of fat in this meal, which is great. If you have nuts every day, do be aware they can cause digestive issues for some people, so if you start noticing anything like that, you might sub in some other fat source instead at least some of the time -- toasted coconut flakes are nice on a salad, or olives, or make a creamier salad dressing with a mayo or coconut milk base. 

Dinner: You are probably active enough to have sweet potato or other starchy vegetable at dinner every day, in addition to other vegetables. Make sure your meat or fish serving is at least the length, width, and height of your palm, and if you're feeling hungry sometimes, you can have more -- the template says 1-2 palm-sized servings, and the template is really the minimum amount anyone needs to eat. And again, be sure you add fat. A scoop of coconut oil or ghee on the sweet potato, some mayo to dip other vegetables in, or sauces like pesto or chimichurri if you don't want more olives and avocados. 

13 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

Have you checked out the meal template? It tells you what your meals should look like for best results, and it includes what you should be having for pre- and post-workout, which would be in addition to your three meals a day. When you get your meals right, they'll keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours, and you won't need the snacks.

You don't really have indications of serving sizes, but here's what I'd try to make your meals look like going forward, and see if it helps:

Breakfast: Lose the juice -- food you chew has a different effect on your satiety than food you eat. Have 3 eggs, or eggs + some other protein. Have vegetables -- saute a few big handfuls of spinach with your eggs, or you can dice and cook a zucchini or yellow squash with some onion, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms and make an omelette, or whatever vegetables you like, but have lots of vegetables. Add some fat -- avocado goes well with eggs, or have a big handful of olives, or a dollop of mayo with your vegetables.

Again, if your meals are big enough, you probably won't need snacks, but if you are hungry between meals, have a mix or protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. 

Lunch: Think about how much spinach and other leafy greens wilt down when they cook -- they do the same as you chew them, so sometimes it looks like a big serving, but there's not enough substance to keep you feeling satisfied for very long. So when you have salads as the main part of your meal, make them really big, and include a mix of vegetables, including some more substantial ones. Add some broccoli or snap peas or zucchini or yellow squash or jicama or beets or leftover roasted sweet potatoes or carrots. You do look like you've added plenty of fat in this meal, which is great. If you have nuts every day, do be aware they can cause digestive issues for some people, so if you start noticing anything like that, you might sub in some other fat source instead at least some of the time -- toasted coconut flakes are nice on a salad, or olives, or make a creamier salad dressing with a mayo or coconut milk base. 

Dinner: You are probably active enough to have sweet potato or other starchy vegetable at dinner every day, in addition to other vegetables. Make sure your meat or fish serving is at least the length, width, and height of your palm, and if you're feeling hungry sometimes, you can have more -- the template says 1-2 palm-sized servings, and the template is really the minimum amount anyone needs to eat. And again, be sure you add fat. A scoop of coconut oil or ghee on the sweet potato, some mayo to dip other vegetables in, or sauces like pesto or chimichurri if you don't want more olives and avocados. 

Thanks for the help.

I might not be eating enough reading your advice.

I'm going to adjust and hope that will do the trick.

kim

On 4/14/2017 at 10:51 AM, knight_jontrann said:

Hey purejoy welcome to the thread! How are you doing?

I'm really doing well!  The first 4 days were not great, but now, what keeps me going is how amazing I feel!  I didn't even have 1 piece of candy or chocolate yesterday at our Easter gathering!

On 4/15/2017 at 10:54 PM, ShannonM816 said:

It's actually really hard to overeat fat, as long as you're eating healthy fats as part of a meal with lots of vegetables and adequate amounts of protein. In that combination, real, whole foods naturally make you feel satiated when you've eaten enough (although sometimes people are surprised that it's more than they're expecting to need, especially if they're used to limiting fat and calories). An avocado every day is fine. I would watch the nuts, just because they're not your best fat option -- their ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 is not great, they often cause digestive issues for people, and they can easily be food without brakes, or something that it's incredibly easy to overeat without really realizing it. You can still have them, but stick to a serving (which is about a closed fist full) once a day or less.

Try having olives, coconut in any form (toasted coconut flakes on vegetables or mixed into a salad, for instance, or soups or curries with coconut milk), or make some sauces and dips that will add fat, and help prevent food boredom later on as they're an easy way to change up the flavors of a meal. Mayo is a staple -- you can use it as is for dipping meats or vegetables in as you eat, or turn it into a creamy dressing with herbs, mix it with hot sauce for a dip for chicken strips, make chicken, tuna or egg salad with it, use it to make potato salad or coleslaw, or even deviled eggs. There are some other dip recipes here or here, or check do something like a pesto or chimichurri

I've found the magic of homemade mayo!!  It's amazing!  I made a homemade ranch with it, I made a coleslaw with it. Heaven, simply heaven!

I made a fresh hamburger, put ranch and avacado on it. Then steamed some veggies!  Amazing!

Hi, I started on April 11 so am on my Day 7. I've done the Clean Program several times so once I'm in the mode, saying no is pretty easy. Whole 30 has some distinct differences (no legumes, all the meats & eggs allowed, coffee allowed, nightshades allowed). I will say Easter weekend was a bit challenging. I was out of town with my family and had one sister who kept offering me alcohol and sugar. When I said, "no thanks," she moved on and didn't pressure, but it was annoying. 

My biggest reflection is that last week was about compliance for me, not about planning and taking advantage of recipes and all the things healthy and delicious things I could be eating. We were often in restaurants and I wasn't cooking so, I did eat too much fruit, nuts and nut butters. Not as a sugar fix, but just because I was starving and my meals weren't robust. After Easter dinner which was perfect with grilled leg of lamb and roasted veggies in coconut oil, I grabbed some dried mango and stuck a piece in my mouth only to instantly realize it had sugar on it, I spit it out without chewing it and rinsed my mouth. We keep clean dried mango from costco and trader joes in our home, but this one was from walmart and had all kinds of crap on it. So, my attempt to have dried mango in lieu of Easter candy failed. 

I'm doing this with my husband and we both are feeling better after week one. He's not a big believer in food affecting his aches, pains, moods, but is already feeling the positive affects! Where is the other April 10 group? 

On 4/16/2017 at 4:40 AM, jmcbn said:

What does a typical day of food look like for you? Are you including post WO meals too? I did take a look at your IG feed to see if I could get an idea of what you're eating - the lime pork looked good, but you had no fat and, save for a few strands of onion, no veg either. The kale soup also looked good, but again no fat - and how smalll is that bowl? Or is the spoon just extra large...? ;)

A day or two of under-eating and you'll probably still feel okay. Keep it up however and your body will slow down it's metabolism to save fuel for normal bodily functions and you'll start to feel not just so great with fatigue, cravings etc as your body tries to encourage you to play nutritional catch up....

I have been getting my fat from the pork I am cooking. Last week I made the Sausage Mushroom Frittata for breakfast, Lime Pork Chop with watermelon salad (the onions were at the bottom but they were there) and I made Turkey and Green Olive Meatballs with Smoked Paprika Tomato Sauce. I am the only one in the house so the recipes left quite a bit of left overs. The app i use to track my calories says i had about 80g of fat per day during those 4 days. Friday it fell to 70g and fell even further saturday when all i had was the soup and chili. I guess that was a big spoon because that is a healthy sized bowl lol. This week wont be much better for calorie count roughly 1100 least till friday anyways when i get more groceries.

@Purejoy Thats awesome! I avoided my family completely for Easter because i knew the food and candy would be outrageous. I am headed to see them this weekend for my birthday and I have to keep reminding that no i cant have a cake or no i cant celebrate with a few beers lol.

@simpleexannie How are you doing with yours?

@AnnaE67 Hey! Welcome to this thread. How are you?

Day 10 went alright I was feeling tired yesterday. Im not sure if it was the lack of food on Saturday though I ate the proper portions. I made the Beef and Beet Borscht and it turns out im not a fan of beets. I'll manage it with a little bit of hot sauce. Now I also made the Braised Beef Short Ribs with Porcini Mushroom Sauce and for a side Skin on Garlic Smashed Potatoes with Crispy Prosciutto and im here to tell you it was the best dish I have made so far. I made for breakfast Sauteed Green Beans with Mushrooms and Fried Egg and I was loving it from the first bite.

Day 11 I finished off the Green Beans and Egg for breakfast. For lunch i had the Braised Beef with Skin on Garlic Smashed Potatoes with Crispy Prosciutto , and for dinner Ill have the Borscht. I might make sprout spud cakes to go with it as well we shall see.

As a side note Im not sure who preps these meals in the alotted time but if you can seriously bravo! It took me 1.5 hours to prep for the borscht and it says it should take me 30 x.x

Well everyone Have a great night See yall tomorrow. Stay Strong, LIve Well, Be Happy

john

• Moderators
2 hours ago, knight_jontrann said:

I have been getting my fat from the pork I am cooking. Last week I made the Sausage Mushroom Frittata for breakfast, Lime Pork Chop with watermelon salad (the onions were at the bottom but they were there) and I made Turkey and Green Olive Meatballs with Smoked Paprika Tomato Sauce. I am the only one in the house so the recipes left quite a bit of left overs. The app i use to track my calories says i had about 80g of fat per day during those 4 days. Friday it fell to 70g and fell even further saturday when all i had was the soup and chili. I guess that was a big spoon because that is a healthy sized bowl lol. This week wont be much better for calorie count roughly 1100 least till friday anyways when i get more groceries.

@Purejoy Thats awesome! I avoided my family completely for Easter because i knew the food and candy would be outrageous. I am headed to see them this weekend for my birthday and I have to keep reminding that no i cant have a cake or no i cant celebrate with a few beers lol.

@simpleexannie How are you doing with yours?

@AnnaE67 Hey! Welcome to this thread. How are you?

Day 10 went alright I was feeling tired yesterday. Im not sure if it was the lack of food on Saturday though I ate the proper portions. I made the Beef and Beet Borscht and it turns out im not a fan of beets. I'll manage it with a little bit of hot sauce. Now I also made the Braised Beef Short Ribs with Porcini Mushroom Sauce and for a side Skin on Garlic Smashed Potatoes with Crispy Prosciutto and im here to tell you it was the best dish I have made so far. I made for breakfast Sauteed Green Beans with Mushrooms and Fried Egg and I was loving it from the first bite.

Day 11 I finished off the Green Beans and Egg for breakfast. For lunch i had the Braised Beef with Skin on Garlic Smashed Potatoes with Crispy Prosciutto , and for dinner Ill have the Borscht. I might make sprout spud cakes to go with it as well we shall see.

As a side note Im not sure who preps these meals in the alotted time but if you can seriously bravo! It took me 1.5 hours to prep for the borscht and it says it should take me 30 x.x

Well everyone Have a great night See yall tomorrow. Stay Strong, LIve Well, Be Happy

john

Dude... no calorie counting or tracking... it's not teaching you to read your body's hungry and full signals and it's following a scientific method for how much heat it takes to boil water... stop... listen to your body, eat until you're full, tweak your meals to last you 4-5 hours and you'll have much better results!

Archived