In the ditch...

I completed my first Whole 30 in Feb./March and finished up my reintroduction on Friday.  I'm not sure what happened but since Friday, I went way into the ditch.  I can't seem to get back on track.  I had great NSV results and great scale results but am struggling to get back on track.  Figured if I wrote it down, it might help me get back to making better decisions.  I felt great at the end of the Whole 30 but don't anymore.  I'm the only one in my family who did the Whole 30 and my family was glad I was done because of the extra time I spent in the kitchen.  Feel like I lost my training wheels before I gained balance on my bike.

• Moderators

This is pretty common. It's hard to change a lifetime of tastes and habits, and very, very easy to just go back to what you're used to and you're most comfortable with.

You may need to just take things one meal at a time for a while. Get up in the morning and make yourself a good breakfast. Don't think about going a certain number of days or meals. If you have something unhealthy for one meal or snack, that's okay. It's not something to worry about or feel guilty about. Just try to make the next meal after that a healthy one.

You can get back on track. And you can figure out a way to eat healthy even if your family isn't 100% behind you. It's just going to take some time and probably some trial and error as you work out what your personal food freedom looks like.

If you want to read more about life after whole30, there are free resources online here:  https://whole30.com/step-four-finished/ . You might also be interested in the book Food Freedom Forever.

You can do this! I just finished my first whole30 at the end of March and finished reintroductions right before Easter. I overdid it on Easter and have been snacking a little too much this week, especially at work. I need to get back on track because I don't want to undo everything I did with the whole30. It's not easy to change lifelong habits. 

Archived