winding up Day 4

JenJoy

I am so excited about this and am really motivated.  So far, I have had only a few negative effects and they've pretty much disappeared.  I'm wondering if I'm going to be irritable in the next day or so.  Then again, I'm wondering if I'm doing it right if my side effects have been so slight!  As far as I know, I'm right on track!  My only question is about breakfast.  I saw a really delicious sounding, supposedly Whole 30 recipe, for a breakfast porridge with nuts, coconut flakes, apples sauteed in Ghee, coconut milk, a banana and some vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.  I'm wondering if this is okay if I also eat a hard boiled egg for protein.  There aren't any veggies which has me worried.  The last thing I want to do is follow this for 30 days only to find out I accidentally did something wrong the whole time!  Can anyone advise?  Thank you!!

25 minutes ago, JenJoy said:

I am so excited about this and am really motivated.  So far, I have had only a few negative effects and they've pretty much disappeared.  I'm wondering if I'm going to be irritable in the next day or so.  Then again, I'm wondering if I'm doing it right if my side effects have been so slight!  As far as I know, I'm right on track!  My only question is about breakfast.  I saw a really delicious sounding, supposedly Whole 30 recipe, for a breakfast porridge with nuts, coconut flakes, apples sauteed in Ghee, coconut milk, a banana and some vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.  I'm wondering if this is okay if I also eat a hard boiled egg for protein.  There aren't any veggies which has me worried.  The last thing I want to do is follow this for 30 days only to find out I accidentally did something wrong the whole time!  Can anyone advise?  Thank you!!

Don't do it! Not only because you shouldn't try to recreate off plan foods like porridge, but also because one egg and all of that sugar is not going to fuel your activities or keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours, which is what you're aiming for. This breakfast could leave you hungry, cranky, and could impact your blood sugar in unpleasant ways. It will also fuel your sugar cravings.  Follow the meal template--at meal 1 and every meal--for the best results: protein, fats and a heaping plate of vegetables. When you do eat only eggs for a meal, have as many as you can hold in your hand, I.e. 3-4. 

https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

ArtFossil, thank you so much!  I had a feeling it wasn't the right thing to do.  I really want to do this right.  I was looking for some egg free breakfasts that didn't involve dinner food because that is just too weird for me right now.  I'm aware of not trying to recreate foods and was asking myself if that was what I was doing.  Back to the correct template this morning!

Archived