My First Try at Reintoduction

Nancy   H.

Glad to learn you're alright. Don't scare us like that. :)

My love was diet pepsi... I haven't had one for over 2 weeks and amazingly enough I really don't miss it!!! WOW! Anyway... glad you're back!

hmmm... wish I could delete this one. Didn't look like the first one went through, but it did. Oh well...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see you are OK Nancy as I follow your progress with great interest.

I don't mind the tried and true recipes for the most part, but now and again I do get a bit bored. Just received the Whole9 cookbook.

Just have a really big FR chicken defrosting so I will be looking for a new recipe to try tomorrow.

Does anyone here have the recipe for thousand island dressing that is mentioned here?

Hi.....I don't really have a "written down" recipe for it. I just make it to taste.

Here is my recipe for 1000 isle dressing.:

1000 ISLE DRESSING

1/4 cup Home Made Mayo (compliant)

1 Tbsp. Dill relish (no sugar added) (compliant)

1 Tbsp Home Made Ketchup (compliant)

Mix it all together and put in the fridge for a day before using so flavors can blend.

If it gets too think add some Coconut milk to thin it down.

If it is too thin, just add more Mayo.

You can add salt if you think it needs it. I don't.

If you are going to use it a lot you might want to double the recipe.

Here is the recipe for the compliant Ketchup:

KETCHUP

1 can (6 oz.) Tomato Paste

2 Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice

1/4 tsp dry mustard

1/3 cup water

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp salt

1 pinch cloves

1 pinch allspice

Mix all together well and let sit in fridge for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.

I usually double the Ketchup recipe as I use it on my grass fed burger and in pulled pork.

Hope you like it.

Enjoy!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update:

I have been on program for a couple of weeks now. All is going well. But I am going to stop posting. I need to get back to my life. I have been spending WAY too much time on this site reading how all of you are doing and reading and copying all the new recipes. (I could print my own recipe book I have so many !) I have been following so many threads that my inbox of my e-mail is full every day with all the new posts.

I love you all and wish you all the best. This is absolutely the very best way to live. I have benefited from it in so many ways and plan to continue within reason. I know now what foods affect me and how they affect me and which foods I need to never eat again. But I also know that I love some of the "not so good for me" foods. And I will eat them when the occasion arises. I do think one of the benefits I have received from this is that where I used to be a Miracle Whip fan, I now LOVE my home made Mayo. That is something I will definitely continue to do. Also the BBQ sauce and Ketchup. I am much healthier than I have been in years, my blood sugar is almost within normal range and my arthritis is much better. With all that said I will definitely continue on this road.

I wish you all well and stay strong. I know I will.

Archived