Sugar Dragon and snack question

Hello!

Today is Day 5 and I believe I'm doing pretty good.  I had a breakfast this morning was supposedly a Whole30 recipe but after I ate it I realized there was no protein.  I wanted a break from eggs.  Since there were no 'disapproved' foods I'm not going to start over again, I'm just going to stick to the meal template better.  

That wasn't a question though!  Here's my question - if I am wanting something sweet right after a meal (which happened last night after dinner and today after lunch), it's best not to have anything sweet, right?  I was going to have a few strawberries but then I remembered reading something about if your brain wants sweets you shouldn't give it any because it doesn't know the difference between a fruit and a jelly bean.  I didn't have anything last night and I had a cup of definitely not sweet tea after lunch today.

Thank you!

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JenJoy said:

Here's my question - if I am wanting something sweet right after a meal (which happened last night after dinner and today after lunch), it's best not to have anything sweet, right?  

Correct!  Good job!  Tea is a nice alternative to 'dessert'.

This is the first day I've wanted wine and tea with milk and sugar and that sort of thing.  I must say that I'm kind of proud of myself for not even thinking of giving in!  I didn't even realize that these might be cravings until I thought about it a bit.  I suppose they are!  The feeling does go away after a few minutes and that's nice to know:)

• Moderators

I've merged your two posts as they were posted within hours of eachother and essentially talking about the same thing.  You're welcome to start new threads but if you have one going on the topic you're already talking about, don't make a new one :)

Archived