Day 19. Sleeping almost TOO great. Can't wake up!

Hey everyone! I'm on Day 19. I complained yesterday in a thread that I wasn't having much if any weight/fat loss success with the program because my clothes still fit the same but I'm happy to report as of day they are looser. So I can tell I AM, in fact, losing SOME fat. I may just never weigh and only go by my clothes and how I look because I am looking GREAT! 

I have increased energy, I have better digestion (pooping when I could not before), WAY diminished cravings, energy to workout, food tastes incredible to me, etc. 

BUT...my issue is that my sleep is so good - almost too good - is that possible? I am tired around 9:30-10pm so I go to bed then I set my alarm to wake up early to workout but sometimes sleep right thru it and then when I do wake up for work around 7am - I am still sleepy. I usually get a cup of coffee but I don't drink it right away. Then after about 10 mins I'm awake. Do you think this is a cortisol issue? I still drink about 3 cups of coffee a day (now this is down from about 7-8 prior to W30). So I felt like this was a huge improvement! 

Thoughts?

• Moderators

It's hard to say why this is happening -- food is definitely not the only factor in this, although it can be a big one. Do try to practice good sleep hygiene habits, and especially try to get up as soon as the alarm goes off (assuming that's eight hours after you go to sleep), eat your first meal within an hour of waking up (and if you're not usually hungry for breakfast, delay that first cup of coffee until after you eat) and try to get out into the sunshine as soon as you can in the morning. Don't drink coffee or other caffeine after noon. During the afternoon, if you have a time when you feel like you're dragging and that's when you'd have some of your coffee, instead, get up and move around, go outside if you can, do some stretching or light exercise if possible. 

Archived