Reintroduction Starting 10/30

kb0426

Caffeine might be a gremlin. Starts off all appealing like, all cute and fuzzy like Gizmo, of course you want to start your day with it. Then it turns on you...

I've thought about cutting out caffeine when I do my January Whole30. I only do 1 big cup of homemade coffee now and no other caffeine, but it would be a study in willpower to get off of it.

Good luck!

KB you make me laugh! Well, it was more of a snort after your Winnie the Pooh comment :P

I too am trying to cut out the caffeine. I was told I shouldn't be drinking it because of the adrenal issues and kind of ignored the advice, but I realized it was a NEED in the morning. Not really for the energy, but I HAD to have a cup of coffee at some point in the morning, and by a cup I mean a large which is like 3 cups, lol! So, since it seems like more of an addiction than any real desire, I thought it was time to give it a rest. The first day I had a headache and could not figure out how I could possibly have a headache when I didn't eat any of my triggers...yeah, I'm a dork. Once I realized it was the lack of coffee, I knew it was an evil dragon that needed to be slayed along with the sugar.

Giving up coffee is a lot harder than giving up donuts :wacko:

It is interesting how so many of us here struggle with the "what an I add to my coffee so that I can keep enjoying it" as black wasn't our favorite way. Rarely is the message to just stop drinking it! Giving up that second cup these last two days has been okay, because that second cup is the one I drink black. Now, giving up my cup with the whipped coconut cream may prove a challenge. However, today I drank cup #1 with just the coconut milk and not whipped. Baby steps at kicking this gremlins as*.

Today for lunch I had a salad out, and because I was reintroducing grains, I actually ate the corn and the crispy corn strips that were in the salad. Had to skip the black beans and the cheese, but otherwise it was good. Feeling no ill effects!

It is 4:25, and this is the first time since I started my whole30 back on Sept 22 that I feel really hungry at this time of day. I have gotten used to not feeling this way; I can easily make it to dinner time. It could very well be that there was not enough fat or protein in my salad at lunch.

I really hate this feeling. :wacko:

I had 3 chicken thighs and zucchini noodles for dinner and I was still foraging for more food after. I had a nut bar that I had made this past weekend (chopped nuts combined with boiled honey and vanilla, formed into bars, chilled then dipped in dark chocolate). It was a tiny piece. I think I need to chain myself to the couch now and stay OUT of the kitchen.

Can the gluten I had yesterday and the corn I had today be doing this? I do not like this!

I do love me some greek yogurt!

If it were not for coconut milk, I don't know how I would have survived the first 7 days. I used it "straight" in my coffee the first 7 days, then discovered the recipe for making it whipped. That opened up a whole new world for me! Once berries are back in season, I can definitely see myself having a bowl of berries topped with whipped coconut milk, or perhaps a bowl of whipped coconut milk topped with berries ;).

Isn't it funny how what we thought was once normal has changed?

Dare I ask how to make it whipped? That might be too tempting for me! Although, I've noticed that with different brands, some coconut milk is the consistency of whipped cream, as opposed to milk - no additional ingredients. How is that possible?

Here is the whipped recipe I use:

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/07/04/red-white-blue-bowl/

I have noticed the difference in brands as well and wondered that too. I love the organic Thai brand, but my co-op raised the price $1.10 per can last week! They all taste delicious in the end.

A note on the recipe: it calls for vanilla or almond extract. I skipped those during my w30. I have tried it with since, and have found it gives it a metallic taste? Maybe it is just me. I love it with coffee and sprinkled with a little cinnamon.

Enjoy!

Here is the whipped recipe I use:

http://www.theclothe...hite-blue-bowl/

I have noticed the difference in brands as well and wondered that too. I love the organic Thai brand, but my co-op raised the price $1.10 per can last week! They all taste delicious in the end.

A note on the recipe: it calls for vanilla or almond extract. I skipped those during my w30. I have tried it with since, and have found it gives it a metallic taste? Maybe it is just me. I love it with coffee and sprinkled with a little cinnamon.

Enjoy!

Whoa - that's a substantial increase!?

Ok; so it turns out I knew about this trick to coconut milk :) I don't mind the vanilla extract, but after Whole30, I can only tolerate a small amount. I actually just ordered vanilla powder from that Bulletproof website; curious to see how that pans out. Boy; this can get expensive...

So – after weeks of seriously overindulging in all things coconut, my clothes are still getting looser and I've gained nothing. This is very strange to me – I used to live in a land of restricted calories and excessive running. Glad I'm learning the right way.

I had 3 chicken thighs and zucchini noodles for dinner and I was still foraging for more food after. I had a nut bar that I had made this past weekend (chopped nuts combined with boiled honey and vanilla, formed into bars, chilled then dipped in dark chocolate). It was a tiny piece. I think I need to chain myself to the couch now and stay OUT of the kitchen.

Can the gluten I had yesterday and the corn I had today be doing this? I do not like this!

I wouldn't fret; I do this all time :) If I didn't, I'd get obsessed with food due to the deprivation and that's not a fun life.

Thanks, it is nice to know others go through this time to time!

Feeling great today. I had a non w30 compliant breakfast of a Paleofied pancake. I needed (yes, needed, don't judge) to find out if I could stay full on one AND include maple syrup. I mixed 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup pureed butternut squash and 2 tbs sunflower seed butter. I added a pinch of salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg. I cooked it very slowly in coconut oil. It was freaking good! I am making it again tomorrow, but adding more of the spices. The sunflower seed butter was a bit overpowering.

Did I stay full? Well, I had breakfast at 8:00 and lunch at 3:00 if that tells you anything!

Lunch was w30 approved as will be dinner. No reintroduction today!

When I consider foods to reintroduce, I can't think of anything I really want.

When I started 9/22, I was sure I would be devastated without peanut butter. I have no desire. :)

I could go to chipotle and actually let them put black beans in my bowl, but what else might be lurking in the beans? :(

The only time I want rice is when I have sushi, and quite honestly I already know that when I have had sushi in past. between the soy sauce and the rice, I blow up like a blow fish :huh: . I have accepted that feeling in the past, and know I will accept it again in the future.

All of this is my way of saying I feel like my reintroduction is done. :D

I have found a way of eating that leaves me satisfied and satiated. I do not feel deprived. I have lost 11 pounds total and am back in a clothing size that makes me happy, 2 sizes down from when I started. I am shocked at how my body has responded and been reshaped. The belly bloat is gone. In the past, it used to take at least 15 pounds of scale loss to make any change in clothing size. I know my body is shifting fat to muscle and the number on the scale really doesn't mean, well, jack shit.

I am going to start a post whole30 log starting with tomorrow's meals. More than documenting my foods, I need a place to keep me accountable and offload some words out of my head. Plus I am getting my new phone today and would love to share pics of some of my scrumptious eats! Thanks to Laura B for the inspiration!

See you in the post whole30 section! Now to think of a clever title... ;)

I did my gluten re-into yesterday. It is amazing that I went 40+ days not caring about bread but today I've just been a HUGE WHINY BABY about how much I want all the the bready items in the house. Ugh. It really is a drug :angry:

Archived