Lea's Whole30 log

Lea Mint

Starting my own little space - feel free to comment.   

• Day One: April 17, 2017
  • Day Thirty: May 17, 2017

Breakfast - eggs, cashews, snap peas

Lunch - 

Dinner -

Other - Yesterday attempted to make Whole30 Mayo (and faaaaaaailed).  Had issues about halfway through with it suddenly going liquid.  My first batch I turned into salad dressing because that can be liquidy.  Second batch I just gave up (and left it in the blender).  Both times I think it happened about 1/2 through the cup of oil.   Plan to search forum for advice.

Hard Boiled Eggs in Oven worked perfectly however!  I'll be having some of these for lunch on my salad!  (with the new dressing from the mayo fail). 

Dinner I had plans with a friend, so I'm going to eat compliant out.  Not sure if I'm going with steak or a salad yet.  We will see! 

I bought the Primal Avocado mayo and it's ok! I managed it.  I find I can eat salad without dressing or just oil and vinegar just fine and as long as I add avocado and pepper as a topping. 

DAY 10.

I've only had one day that was hard.  Day 8.  I have really had a lot of time to record everything I've been eating,  But I find if I don't have a solid enough MEAL ONE I struggle more.   So I have to do better at getting my healthy fat into breakfast.  I also soooooo craved a banana this morning.   I'm wondering if I'm low on potassium because I haven't wanted a banana in forever.  And I do eat fruit so I don't think it's a sugar craving.  I may pick some up because if I am low on potassium it's a good choice.  

Matt -- I did find one compliant ranch in the store but it wasn't that great.  I didn't like it super much.  And then my son spilled itall sooooo that must be a sign.  Oil and Vinegar it is!  

Oh and Coco aminos (ordered off amazon) taste AMAZING.  I made a sweet potato strings with mushrooms and spinach and chicken sausage (OMG FOUND 2 complaint ones!) and it was soooooo good.   Highly recommend.  

Rockin' day 11.  Going strong.  Someone suggested tart Cherry Juice for stomach issues and since it's compliant I'm going to try adding a little of that into my diet every day.   Otherwise, I really just miss Coffee and Wine.  I  don't feel like I miss anything else.  Not the pasta, or the cheese or the deserts.  Just coffee and wine.  

I feel really good today and that's quite awesome! I'm not craving ANYTHING (never really was craving sugar through all of this anyway, but still!).  I feel lighter and Look a few pounds less and that's such a good feeling.  I'm feeling more energetic too.

Hopefully I can start working out again.  Just worried about my knee. 

I am still having stomach problems though. Still hoping this clears that up. 

Made butternut squash spagetti tonight.  It was good!  I think I'll make it again =)

I find it harder to eat eat three meals on the weekends.  Usually I just have two.  Hopefully that doesn't mess things up to much I just tend to sleep in.  

Reached the 1/2 point and having no issues with the eating at all.   I think I'm just stubborn when I start something and go all in.   Planning on having asian tonight with the sweet potato spirals and the coco aminos!  Can't wait!

That's great Shii!!!! We can make it!!!!  <3 

2/3s is coming up tomorrow after all!

I ate a baked potato today with only salt and pepper and actually enjoyed it.  I swear I wouldn't have been able to do that before whole30. 

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast week.   Still wishing I felt better. I got sick Friday with a sore throat and have slept more and felt not so great the last few days.  Plus, my fingers are still swelling.  -sigh-

I was definitely hoping the eating change would help with that. 

Aww :( I'm sorry you are ill! 

Regarding the eating changes - it takes time, and also in the short term, it's an additional source of stress. Changes (even positive ones) are a source of stress, and frustration (if your eating changes are really disruptive to your routines and preferences) is another source of stress. So while the long-term effects are wholly positive, the short-term effects of the change in diet can be a bit... mixed.

I think it's only stressed me when my routine was changed (IE traveling out of town).  Day to day, it isn't hard to manage the eating at all.  So that part hasn't been too bad.   The travel made it harder to eat enough at the right times and I got crabby for sure. 

And I know it's a whole30! Not whole24, so I have six more days to hope for an improvement in my symptoms. 

Day 28.  Pretty much the same as far as my health and medical.  I can't wait to weigh though! Because I know that's a positive.   

And i I am enjoying my meals and food.  I don't mind eating this way.  It feels very healthy.  

Archived