Chick-fil-a

HannahNic94

I know that in general, Chick-fil-a is ruled out because their website says they cook their food in peanut oil. HOWEVER, you should definitely double check with your restaurant! I called mine before we went to eat with my family today, and they told me that they actually cook the grilled nuggets with canola oil and you can always order them without the marinade (which has soy in it). SO even though it may not be the BEST option, grilled nuggets and a fruit cup at Chick-fil-a is an option! :)

• Moderators

No, sorry, the grilled chicken nuggets have more wrong with them than just the oil they are cooked in.  They contain three to four kinds of sugar as well as corn starch.  Please ensure you read the ingredients on everything you're consuming, including at fast food restaurants. The staff may only know what their part in preparing it is, but those things come out of packages with mile long ingredient lists that I suspect the staff has never even read...

• Moderators

Grilled chicken (whole breast filet, seasoning [water, apple cider vinegar, soybean oil, yeast extract, salt, modified corn starch, palm oil, dehydrated garlic, dehydrated onion, corn maltodextrin, sea salt, natural flavor, sugar, chicken stock, cane molasses, chicken fat, spice, natural flavor {including smoke}, dextrose, lemon peel, citric acid, red bell pepper, orange juice concentrate, grape juice concentrate, natural flavor, paprika, vinegar, xanthan gum, ascorbic acid

I don't know HOW you would ask them to cook this without a 'marinade'.  This is a pretty poor and probably not federally acceptable way of listing ingredients as there are no end brackets, so it appears that everything listed is in the grilled chicken and any sort of marinade is not listed separately. Beyond the fact that this is garbage food, it's also shady as heck!  Steer clear!

• Moderators
Just now, MeadowLily said:

Oh, brother.  It's just like that plastic fish - imitation crab and crab salad. 

HAHAA! Plastic fish!  You know those Kraft Singles 'cheese' slices?  I think they're called American Cheese in the states... we call that 'plastic cheese'.  Blech!

18 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Grilled chicken (whole breast filet, seasoning [water, apple cider vinegar, soybean oil, yeast extract, salt, modified corn starch, palm oil, dehydrated garlic, dehydrated onion, corn maltodextrin, sea salt, natural flavor, sugar, chicken stock, cane molasses, chicken fat, spice, natural flavor {including smoke}, dextrose, lemon peel, citric acid, red bell pepper, orange juice concentrate, grape juice concentrate, natural flavor, paprika, vinegar, xanthan gum, ascorbic acid

I don't know HOW you would ask them to cook this without a 'marinade'.  This is a pretty poor and probably not federally acceptable way of listing ingredients as there are no end brackets, so it appears that everything listed is in the grilled chicken and any sort of marinade is not listed separately. Beyond the fact that this is garbage food, it's also shady as heck!  Steer clear!

You are so used to looking for sneaky sugars that you missed the granddaddy! :lol:

cY9eLCf.jpg

• 10 months later...
On 4/18/2017 at 10:46 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

Hi SugarcubeOD!

I currently work at a Chickfila and wanted to clarify something on this topic. We actually receive on a daily basis the fresh chicken filets. After thawing then out, normally a marinade is applied just before grilling them. It is possible to request a filet without marinade and you will receive a plain grilled filet and without the sauce applied. You can also request for an allergy label to be applied to the order and the workers will change their gloves to ensure that no marinade will contaminate your meal. 

The way it's bracketed, it seems like the bad stuff is in the "seasoning" and not the chicken.

Chicken (boneless skinless chicken breast filet, seasoning [water, apple cider vinegar, soybean oil, yeast extract, salt, modified corn starch, palm oil, dehydrated garlic, dehydrated onion, corn maltodextrin, sea salt, natural flavor, sugar, chicken stock, cane molasses, chicken fat, spice, natural flavor {including smoke}, dextrose, lemon peel, citric acid, red bell pepper, orange juice concentrate, grape juice concentrate, natural flavor, paprika, vinegar, xanthan gum, ascorbic acid, and spices]).

Is the seasoning the marinade that the chicken can be made without?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2018 at 3:05 PM, SouthernGirl said:

Hi SugarcubeOD!

I currently work at a Chickfila and wanted to clarify something on this topic. We actually receive on a daily basis the fresh chicken filets. After thawing then out, normally a marinade is applied just before grilling them. It is possible to request a filet without marinade and you will receive a plain grilled filet and without the sauce applied. You can also request for an allergy label to be applied to the order and the workers will change their gloves to ensure that no marinade will contaminate your meal. 

This is awesome to know, thank you for clarifying the process!!

Archived