Planning our Whole30

Liz and Chuck

• Moderators
On 4/20/2017 at 10:21 PM, jwtxgirl said:

I am starting May 1st and feel overwhelmed with all the information.  I have been reading for days trying to make sure I don't miss anything.

The big things to be sure you know are the rules and the meal template.  As long as you keep those two things in mind, you'll be fine. If you have questions about other ingredients, go here and print a copy of the common additives cheat sheet and the sneaky sugars list (or download them to your phone/ipad, whatever makes it easy for you to refer back to them).

Basically, three times a day, eat lots of vegetables, a palm-sized portion or two of meat or as many eggs as you can hold in one hand, and a serving or two of fats (usually, in addition to what you cook in, as that often stays in the pan and isn't consumed). Have some fruit with your meals a couple of times a day if you want, but you don't have to. It really is that simple -- your meals could be grilled chicken or hamburger patties or scrambled eggs, roasted vegetables and salads, with olives, avocados, mayo, or other fats. You don't have to do fancy recipes with things like fish sauce or almond meal or coconut aminos if you don't have those things, work with what you can get at your grocery store and within your budget.

Archived