Accidental noodle intake

Hi! I am on day 21 of my first ever whole30. I am intrigued by this way of eating and all the potential benefits.  Mostly I started with the intention of discovering any intolerances I may have.  I have had digestion discomfort for years and have always wondered if it may be caused by a particular food.

I want to start by saying that I am fully committed. I understand the "no breaks" rule and why! I made cupcakes for my daughter's birthday - had none, didn't even lick the batter off my figers!  I cut brownies at work and didn't eat any of the end peices.  I don't want to cheat and I understand why!

So my question is this: while making spaghetti for my family last night (I am a mother of 4 and am still responsible for preparing their meals), I did what I always do when making pasta - which I haven't made in months- I took a rotinni noodle out of the pot and chewed it up to see if it was done. Not quite so I let them cook a few minutes and ate another noodle. It wasn't until a few minutes later that I realized what I had done. I read the other post about accidental sugar intake and I feel like this is similar enough that since it is gluten, I should start over, correct? 

On 21/04/2017 at 9:41 AM, AllieJayne said:

since it is gluten, I should start over, correct? 

Yep. Unfortunately gluten can be highly disruptive to the gut and inflammatory to the system, and the body can't distinguish between accidental or purposeful ingestion, or between a mouthful or a plateful - your re-set will have been re-set.

Of course, having read previous threads regarding other accidental ingestions you'll know that ultimately you get to decide, but it's good to know the implications so as to help you make up your mind....

I was coming here to ask the same question but my noodle was a shell for shells and cheese. I ate 1 shell.... 1....and I'm on day 25....I won't be starting over but feel dissapointed that I made a silly mistake. I have had some other things this w30 that I did my best to make sure we're compliant but I have a feeling they weren't. I know I will do whole 30'again so I'm just chalking it up to a learning experience this time. 

Archived